Players in public

Guest hindu times

Saw Andy Carroll drinking in the ever-classy Pier 39 in Whitley tonight.

Was with his missus, but wasn't giving her a beating, yet.

:lol: Classy choice by Carroll, could imagine him being up on the podium with the pervy DJ from there

I know I am a bit late posting this, but at the beginning of August this year, about 7pm on a Sunday,  me, my wife and he kids were flying to Turkey on our hols, and we were upstairs at Newcastle airport killing some time. Me and my son, who is 16, were wandering around when we saw 2 lads sitting in tracksuits.

As we walked past, I saw the Ajax logo on their tracksuits. We looked at each other as if to say "eh? Who are they?"

A moment or two later a few more of them came wandering into the lounge area. Dan, my son, says "Its Klass Jan Huntelaar!!" I then realised that Ajax had been playing Scumderland in a pre-season friendly.  ;D

We were quite excited (I know, I should be mature at 40, but I am not  bluerazz.gif) and a bit starstuck. He is always on FM and knows a canny bit more about European football than me, and was naming loads of players as they came up the stairs. They were all sitting round, listening to their iPods or talking to each other. I did recognise Rommedahl, Sno, Gabri and a few others when who should come in but Albert Luque! I laughed as I said "Look, there's Luque", which must have been a bit loud as he looked over and smiled, maybe because Dan had his Toon shirt on.

They hung around the cafe a bit, and Dan was chuffed to see Oleguer, who had only just signed for them from Real Madrid (? I think..). Luque was nearby, so we went and had a bit crack with him, and I have to say, he was a genuinely nice guy. You might have thought that, after the way things went at the Toon, that he wouldn't want to see another Newcastle fan again, but he was really canny.  :clap:

The best bit for me was when their manager came up. "Fuck me" I thought. "Its Marco Van Basten!" One of the greatest footballers ever was there! Dan got his photo taken with Van Basten, Huntelaar and Luque and Gabri together. I did ask Huntelaar when he was gonna sign for us, and he smiled and said "you never know.." (Maybe after Real Madrid? Kinnear was a bit slow with that one)

One of their directors came past as well, with a bad limp (I assumed he was one of the directors, as he was in suit with the club badge on the pocket, while everyone else was on tracksiuts). Both me and my wife recognised him as a famous ex-pro, but didn't know his name. Anyone got any ideas? About 5'10" ish, thick set, maybe in late 50's now. Thought he was either Dutch or German international. Must have beeen famous for my wife to recognise him as well. Any suggestions?

It was a great start to our holidays, and I make no apologies for behaving like a starstruck teenager.  :blush:

I know that was a few months ago, but I did lose a bit of interest in NUFC recently, so didn't think anyone else would be interested in this either...

Guest timmy boy

I know I am a bit late posting this, but at the beginning of August this year, about 7pm on a Sunday,  me, my wife and he kids were flying to Turkey on our hols, and we were upstairs at Newcastle airport killing some time. Me and my son, who is 16, were wandering around when we saw 2 lads sitting in tracksuits.

As we walked past, I saw the Ajax logo on their tracksuits. We looked at each other as if to say "eh? Who are they?"

A moment or two later a few more of them came wandering into the lounge area. Dan, my son, says "Its Klass Jan Huntelaar!!" I then realised that Ajax had been playing Scumderland in a pre-season friendly.  ;D

We were quite excited (I know, I should be mature at 40, but I am not  bluerazz.gif) and a bit starstuck. He is always on FM and knows a canny bit more about European football than me, and was naming loads of players as they came up the stairs. They were all sitting round, listening to their iPods or talking to each other. I did recognise Rommedahl, Sno, Gabri and a few others when who should come in but Albert Luque! I laughed as I said "Look, there's Luque", which must have been a bit loud as he looked over and smiled, maybe because Dan had his Toon shirt on.

They hung around the cafe a bit, and Dan was chuffed to see Oleguer, who had only just signed for them from Real Madrid (? I think..). Luque was nearby, so we went and had a bit crack with him, and I have to say, he was a genuinely nice guy. You might have thought that, after the way things went at the Toon, that he wouldn't want to see another Newcastle fan again, but he was really canny.  :clap:

The best bit for me was when their manager came up. "f*** me" I thought. "Its Marco Van Basten!" One of the greatest footballers ever was there! Dan got his photo taken with Van Basten, Huntelaar and Luque and Gabri together. I did ask Huntelaar when he was gonna sign for us, and he smiled and said "you never know.." (Maybe after Real Madrid? Kinnear was a bit slow with that one)

One of their directors came past as well, with a bad limp (I assumed he was one of the directors, as he was in suit with the club badge on the pocket, while everyone else was on tracksiuts). Both me and my wife recognised him as a famous ex-pro, but didn't know his name. Anyone got any ideas? About 5'10" ish, thick set, maybe in late 50's now. Thought he was either Dutch or German international. Must have beeen famous for my wife to recognise him as well. Any suggestions?

It was a great start to our holidays, and I make no apologies for behaving like a starstruck teenager.  :blush:

I know that was a few months ago, but I did lose a bit of interest in NUFC recently, so didn't think anyone else would be interested in this either...

Nice story, director could of possibly been Danny Blind. He played for Holland and is heavily involved with Ajax .

The best bit for me was when their manager came up. "Fuck me" I thought. "Its Marco Van Basten!" One of the greatest footballers ever was there! Dan got his photo taken with Van Basten, Huntelaar and Luque and Gabri together. I did ask Huntelaar when he was gonna sign for us, and he smiled and said "you never know.." (Maybe after Real Madrid? Kinnear was a bit slow with that one)

:lol: Bet that was klaas.

You should post that on toontastic, J69 over there bumped into Van Basten who basically told him to fuck off. :lol:

Guest The Corner

Saw Andy Carroll drinking in the ever-classy Pier 39 in Whitley tonight.

Was with his missus, but wasn't giving her a beating, yet.

I seen Carroll in Hanahana's with his lass a while back. Seen Steven Taylor, Tim Krul and Anton Ferdinand in Tup Tup palace after the boro away match and Jonas Gutierrez when leaving the Kanye West concert.

Some boy me like  :coolsmiley:...

You should post that on toontastic, J69 over there bumped into Van Basten who basically told him to fuck off. :lol:

Can you blame him?

Funnily enough I thought exactly the same thing, I would normally have asked for a photo but, really didn't want to disturb him.  He knew I had clocked him though, think he was kinda pleased to be recognised but, not hassled........

Funnily enough I thought exactly the same thing, I would normally have asked for a photo but, really didn't want to disturb him.  He knew I had clocked him though, think he was kinda pleased to be recognised but, not hassled........

Think a lot of "famous" people are in that mould really. Often quite canny people and approchable if needs be.

Guest icemanblue

My heart says I'd love to be recognised and asked for autographs but then my head says it probably gets old fast.

Don't worry yourself, it'll never happen.

Guest mackas86

saw julio arca in metro centre with his bird, he was looking in that sports shop in the green mall, dont remember what its called. he seemed rather happy for some reason, probably glad to breathe clean air for a change

Guest Heneage

My heart says I'd love to be recognised and asked for autographs but then my head says it probably gets old fast.

Please Mr. Most Famous Steward/Soon-to-be-journalist, could I have your autograph, like? :)

I meant in context of being a Footballer not me personally.  O0

Please Mr. Most Famous Steward/Soon-to-be-journalist, could I have your autograph, like? :)

I meant in context of being a Footballer not me personally.  O0

Just messing with you :)

yesterday at metro centre, Gutierrez, Xisco and Gonzalez having a walk about stopping to eat marshmallows . They look a right good laugh , Xisco had his arm round Jonas and having a laugh with him. They all couldnt stop laughing. Give Xisco a chance please.