General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Lejeune is much better than Coloccini ever was.

If you’re comparing him with 33-34 year old Coloccini aye but Coloccini from late 2009 to 2012 was immense.

Original quote has to rank as one of the most outlandish comparisons ever made on this forum. Peak Colo, even peak Toon Colo, was in a different league to Lejeune - who I am very fond of and is probably our best all-round centre-half. It's not far from saying Schar is better than Woodgate.

Lejeune has better distribution, both in terms of range and consistency, I feel you could say that from what we've seen of him. I don't think there are many other aspects you could say he's clearly superior, at least not from the limited amount we've seen so far.

Coloccini in that 11/12 season  when we finished 5th was simply outstanding and was hitting levels week in week out that I've never seen yet from Lejeune. Made it into the PL team of the year that season iirc.

100% this - Colo that season was miles better than what Lejeune has shown for us so far!

Schar Lejeune Colo

Debuchy                          Enrique

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA                                Remy

Ba

would be fun to watch. Although I think Colo would be good in a David Luiz-esque sweeper type of thing that Conte used him as

Even the season before he was one of our best players, and the season after, the game against Sunderland when we drew 1-1 with Tiote being sent-off, was one of the best CB performances I’ve ever seen from a Newcastle defender.

He was - I miss my battles with Ronaldo about him!