Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've no idea how I would fall after 3 men tried to foul me and another player about to kick a football really hard at me. To me it looks like he's trying not to handball it.

I think you're missing the very obvious point that the reason he's falling down is because he was fouled.  Why should he get punished for that?

Guest neesy111

Fifa taking control of VAR.

Same system as now, just adding a coin slot on the video booth.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Cheesy Beans

Why fix the problem when you can just refuse to justify shit decisions?

Won’t be long until they start refusing to show replays of incidents.

refs should have 30 seconds to check the offside lines - if they cant make their minds up in that time - should be left as being called onside.

VAR should get one look at a replay and if they can't make a decision attacker gets the advantage.

It's video assisted refereeing not video and felt tip assisted.

refs should have 30 seconds to check the offside lines - if they cant make their minds up in that time - should be left as being called onside.

30 seconds is way too long. Ten seconds should be plenty enough to see if it's a clear and obvious error.

See that VAR had a good game yesterday in Juventus.

VAR should get one look at a replay and if they can't make a decision attacker gets the advantage.

It's video assisted refereeing not video and felt tip assisted.

One look in normal time and the TV companies should do the same with their replays. One of the reasons VAR & goal-line technology came in was because of the technology of the TV companies showing up incorrect decisions with their umpteen angles, super slo-mo replays and fancy graphics. Made me laugh Lineker hating VAR when he was in a studio for BBC & BT pulling apart any decision. SSN even have a segment every week where an ex-ref scrutinises everything. Maybe if they backed down proving everything wrong, referees would have a bit more freedom to make the right call...but then you get the whole 'big club bias' argument and you're back to square one.