Newcastle United 0 - 3 Brighton - 20/09/20 - Post-match reaction from page 25

BlueStar

Did we genuinely play 4-4-2 then? It's like we're in league one :lol:

Yeah, 4-4-2. Attacker ASM on the left, centre-mid Hendrick on the right, Carroll up front. ASM was responsible for the first goal and arguably the second, Hendrick barely got a kick, Carroll offered absolutely nothing and was subbed at half-time.

But you can talk about tactics all you like.

Mrs Doubtfire's deffo going to get found out this season, he's not going to be able to rely on all the good work Rafa had put in place or the drills and training that had previously been instilled. We might have some better players that Rafa was allowed to sign but it won't matter one jot with cabbage-head leaving them to their own devices.

If ever there was a game to showcase how important a manager actually is and how he coaches and sets up the team then this was it.

1 team clearly had a plan and strategy to play to their strengths and expose our weaknesses. The other was square pegs in round holes in a rigid, dated system with no consideration for the opposition and no philosophy in how to attack, other than give it to Saint maximin and pump it into Carroll.

I'm annoyed with myself for watching the first 2 games and caring at all. I told myself I was done after the takeover collapse. But with the ? About where the dust will settle on that and the general intrigue with it being a new season I got lured in. Thanks for Bruce for waking me up and snapping me out of it again. Not gonna waste time watching him embarrass our club all season.

Did we genuinely play 4-4-2 then? It's like we're in league one :lol:

There’s nothing wrong with 4-4-2. There’s absolutely a whole ton wrong with the head coach, his decision to play a 4-4-2 with the players at his disposal, and the complete lack of any tactical instructions / adjustments made during this match.

If ever there was a game to showcase how important a manager actually is and how he coaches and sets up the team then this was it.

1 team clearly had a plan and strategy to play to their strengths and expose our weaknesses. The other was square pegs in round holes in a rigid, dated system with no consideration for the opposition and no philosophy in how to attack, other than give it to Saint maximin and pump it into Carroll.

I'm annoyed with myself for watching the first 2 games and caring at all. I told myself I was done after the takeover collapse. But with the ? About where the dust will settle on that and the general intrigue with it being a new season I got lured in. Thanks for Bruce for waking me up and snapping me out of it again. Not gonna waste time watching him embarrass our club all season.

Brilliant and exactly how I feel.

That was a Brighton squad which has had just over £2m spent on it over pre-season too.

The average age of the Brighton starting eleven was 23 years eleven months. Six of them are 24 or younger.  Four (Connolly, Dunk, March and White) came through their academy.

That was a Brighton squad which has had just over £2m spent on it over pre-season too.

The average age of the Brighton starting eleven was 23 years eleven months. Six of them are 24 or younger.  Four (Connolly, Dunk, March and White) came through their academy.

Whereas the average age of our starting eleven was 27 years 0 months, only two (ASM and Lewis) are 24 or younger, and only one (Carroll) is an academy product.

Guest reefatoon

this is big jack in his prime.

cunningham and reilly flanked by our "natural wingers" waddle and beardsley.

Fans had a backbone then and let it be known. We put up with any old knacker now.