Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Sounds as if they’re extending use of the furlough scheme until the eve of next season for all staff, players included, but they’re not topping up the outstanding 20%.

Of course, the furlough scheme only pays 80% of the wages up to around £3k per month, so some of their players are going to be massively out of pocket.

They'll have to start putting something in soon, as the government contribution starts reducing to 60% from August, isn't it?

They could be screwed if there are still no crowds by October when the Furlough scheme is due to end, and they have to start paying everyone in full again.

Sounds as if they’re extending use of the furlough scheme until the eve of next season for all staff, players included, but they’re not topping up the outstanding 20%.

Of course, the furlough scheme only pays 80% of the wages up to around £3k per month, so some of their players are going to be massively out of pocket.

They'll have to start putting something in soon, as the government contribution starts reducing to 60% from August, isn't it?

They could be screwed if there are still no crowds by October when the Furlough scheme is due to end, and they have to start paying everyone in full again.

Footballers contracts are funny. As an employee in any other industry you could walk away and find alternative employment. If a player could do that then thry could lose just about anyone on their books.

Rumours thry are closing down the academy. Not even dropping it down a level or 2, but full on closure.

The academy manager left today. Sticking the knife into their staff too so they don’t get addicted to furlough.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afc-extend-furlough-scheme-staff-and-players-will-no-longer-top-staff-salaries-2899202

Footballers contracts are funny. As an employee in any other industry you could walk away and find alternative employment. If a player could do that then thry could lose just about anyone on their books.

Could be a new 'Bosman' if someone challenges this maybe.

But aye, Academy will probably be shut down. I don't think they own the Academy of Light and training facilities anymore.

But aye, Academy will probably be shut down. I don't think they own the Academy of Light and training facilities anymore.

Interesting to think a new ruling could come in to play, I’m surprised it hasn’t been discussed more openly.

If they don’t own them then they are in serious trouble.

Rumours thry are closing down the academy. Not even dropping it down a level or 2, but full on closure.

The academy manager left today. Sticking the knife into their staff too so they don’t get addicted to furlough.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afc-extend-furlough-scheme-staff-and-players-will-no-longer-top-staff-salaries-2899202

I think the combined rumour was he’s leaving and it’s shutting down. What came out later was he’s left, praised for keeping the L1 status and everyone is furloughed right through. So no one is exactly sure what is going but I believe if the academy isn’t staffEd in the summer then they’ll at least lose their L1 status. How true that is idk.

Interesting to think a new ruling could come in to play, I’m surprised it hasn’t been discussed more openly.

They do own them, they are just secured against the loan they got from FPP.

Can't wait for the summer if the takeover goes through. They'll be struggling to bring people in on free transfers and we'll be breaking our transfer record.

Wasn't that what happened last summer? :lol:

Shit  :lol:

They do own them, they are just secured against the loan they got from FPP.

We only have the dons word for that right now. God knows what he’s done to try and keep fpp at the table. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit that they’ve sold those assets outright. The bewks have been well and truly cewked.

Every single piece of news that comes out of that place is negative and screams that they're absolutely, completely, totally fucking potless. Like using some ticket money to refund other ticket money. Selling off nearly all of the young prospects for buttons. Downgrading the academy in the pipeline, furloughing as many for as long as possible etc.

No idea what their plan is to stay afloat but I don't even think they've bottomed out yet, it'll get worse in the next few months if they can't pay their bills. Awful news.

Every single piece of news that comes out of that place is negative and screams that they're absolutely, completely, totally fucking potless. Like using some ticket money to refund other ticket money. Selling off nearly all of the young prospects for buttons. Downgrading the academy in the pipeline, furloughing as many for as long as possible etc.

No idea what their plan is to stay afloat but I don't even think they've bottomed out yet, it'll get worse in the next few months if they can't pay their bills. Awful news.

It’s funny when they keep saying ‘and I thought we hit rock bottom when...’ unable to realise more is coming their way.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and these fuckers have fell through a gigantic sinkhole with all the things that apparently make them a big club weighing them down further.

Mark Campbell is sniffing again and apparently in advanced talks. Out of the fire and in to the furnace.