Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Longstaff is still on the same contract he was on when he was playing for the reserves. He needed to make one more first team appearance to activate an improved contract but got injured before that kicked in.

I'm sure his agent is negotiating improved terms with the club but knowing the way we operate we'll delay and then offer him peanuts.

If i was him i'd want out.

Somebody check who is Snodgrass's PR representative.

Don’t get why we should sell so low. If we think the lad has ability, who gives a fuck if he’s only played quarter of a season.

Because he'll possibly regress under Bruce and look shit. Many players will be at their maximin value right now.

Don’t get why we should sell so low. If we think the lad has ability, who gives a fuck if he’s only played quarter of a season.

Because he'll possibly regress under Bruce and look shit. Many players will be at their maximin value right now.

Regardless of Bruce, I think Ashley is the type who would rather take the profit now if the price is high enough. Yes Longstaff could well be worth a lot more, but Ashley is the type who will think that's worth nothing unless it's in the bank. Then instruct Nixon to find an unknown replacement for a quarter of the amount.

Bruce feels that while he would like to keep the talented 21 year old, there is strength in depth with highly rated Kyle Scott due on Tyneside, the return of Jack Colback and a reinvigorated Henri Saviet due back from the heartbreak of losing the African Cup of Nations final.

Guest covmag

So all of you guys who are in the burn it all down camp, do you all want Longstaff to get hurt so it fucks up Ashley making a sale and stunts the local kid's career?

Guys  :rolleyes:

I want all of our players to be hurt in a training ground incident so that none of them can play for years, for Steve Bruce and his team to all slip a disc during a gay orgy and the ground freehold to be sold to JD sports.

Guest chicken little

I want all of our players to be hurt in a training ground incident so that none of them can play for years, for Steve Bruce and his team to all slip a disc during a gay orgy and the ground freehold to be sold to JD sports.

bit weird

I think we meant it when we said at least £50m.

We got £30m for Ayoze, and Longstaff is twice the player.

I agree. If we can get £30m for Perez, we can get £50m for a young, English, genuinely talented player.  Sounds wrong, but we've just dropped £40 mil on someone who is hardly a guaranteed thing.