Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

If he goes for £50m+ that'll be what, £80m+ already on transfer fees plus the TV money. We're fucking loaded and we'll spend fuck all. :lol: If Ashley buys another dead high street chain I'll be fucking fuming. Draining our club to buy Game and Debenhams ffs.

Yet people still say hes not funneling money out of NUFC to buy these failing businesses

It's strange that the club do seem to understand the current market for players means that the like of Perez and Longstaff command fees of over £30m.  Strange they completely forget this knowledge when it comes to incoming players.

Man U would be crackers to pay £50 million

I disagree. He's a young talented English player who looked extremely comfortable in the Premier League last season even scoring a goal in the short amount of games he played. He has all the makings of a future England international.

Now I don't agree that he's worth £50m on a pure player quality level as he is so raw right now, but in this market clubs just simply aren't going to sell a player like this for less than that, so if Man Utd want him that's what they have to pay. Its a gamble for them but if he stays here he either won't work out or he will improve and be worth much more than £50m and might potentially leave to a rival.

Also, we have to remember that £50m is fuck all to Man Utd in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree. He's a young talented English player who looked extremely comfortable in the Premier League last season even scoring a goal in the short amount of games he played. He has all the makings of a future England international.

Now I don't agree that he's worth £50m on a pure player quality level as he is so raw right now, but in this market clubs just simply aren't going to sell a player like this for less than that, so if Man Utd want him that's what they have to pay. Its a gamble for them but if he stays here he either won't work out or he will improve and be worth much more than £50m and might potentially leave to a rival.

Also, we have to remember that £50m is fuck all to Man Utd in the grand scheme of things.

even to man utd £50m is a fair chunk of money and to pay that for someone with less than 10 premier league appearances would be utterly insane

I doubt the likes of Brentford could afford him.

Guest chopey

even to man utd £50m is a fair chunk of money and to pay that for someone with less than 10 premier league appearances would be utterly insane

That's what I mean £50 million is a fortune and in today's market you could probably buy 3 championship clubs for that.

Apparantly he is 'deeply upset' about Rafas departure and is looking at his future

Story

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-made-sean-longstaff-17483681

'Benitez was shocked by the club’s decision to abruptly end contract talks last Monday'

Bullshit story that also contains this little gem, Rafa was shocked was he, 2 months after he told them he was off.

If Man U offer £25 million he'll be in a Chopper faster than the A Team.

Whatever you think about Ashley, he doesn't usually give away highly prised assets cheap. It would take a pretty massive fee to get us to sell IMO. Longstaff isn't a potentially good player, he's already performing at the highest level, and he's still very young. The main problem with Man U's interest is going to be his agent will want a new bumper contract to keep him happy here which will test Ashley's wage structure.

More propaganda so when he leaves on deadline day the club can claim they wanted to keep him but the player forced the move. Always the victim is wor Mike.

"It's not our fault" should be put on the club's crest.

Guest Gonzo

Can’t see Man Utd paying 50m or even close to it.

This will rumble on all summer, he will stay and then Steve Bruce (or whatever twat they hire) can claim it as a massive victory for the club.

Guest chopey

Can’t see Man Utd paying 50m or even close to it.

This will rumble on all summer, he will stay and then Steve Bruce (or whatever twat they hire) can claim it as a massive victory for the club.

He'll go Andy Carroll style

Despite failing to add a single player to their squad, Newcastle are still working hard to complete some exciting transfer news. We hear that lee Charnley is tonight still in his office trying to finalise the transfer of Sean Longstaff, which would be a record for the club and something geordies can be extremely proud of.

We want to build a future with Longstaff do we ?

Fuck me, that's the complete opposite of everything Ashley and the club do  :lol:

How the hell do the papers print that shit with a straight face without a hint of irony or sarcasm.