Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Anyone else think he was close to tears on motd? Really seemed emotional at the end.

The only thing which stuck in my mind was his endorsement of Dalglish and Allardyce as managers along with his failure to criticise Carver. This old boy's club act is getting boring.

• 1 month later...

Wonder if he ever regrets not answering Sven's call to play at the 2002 World Cup in the months leading up to it? He'd just had a brilliant season, I doubt just playing that tournament would have had THAT much of a baring on his club career, and I genuinely think with him at that time rather than Heskey starting, we could have beaten Brazil with their 10 men and went on to win it.

Also the knock on effect that could have had on Newcastle. I doubt he'd have been given the armband back from Beckham so wouldn't have had the iconic moment of lifting the trophy, but him being the main striker at the World Cup at a time where football was beginning to boom over in Asia. I know he was already big over there but he was no longer the 'big' star (people like Ronaldo, Beckham, Zidane, etc) being the global stars, but being the star striker in a World Cup winning team after being on a par with Henry & van Nistelrooy goals wise in the league that year with us back in the Champions League at the time that was really taking off...could have been monumental to this club in the long run in terms of our global brand.

Was his fitness really worse than what he was leading on? He clearly battled through everything all the time to play for us? Holy shit just thinking about him at that Cup...

I don't. He only played in one World Cup, didn't perform well and was still England's best striker 4 years later on the back of a very good PL season with us. Heskey belonged nowhere near an England starting Xl.

I don't. He only played in one World Cup, didn't perform well and was still England's best striker 4 years later on the back of a very good PL season with us. Heskey belonged nowhere near an England starting Xl.

Just looked at that starting 11 and it looked fucking abysmal...Danny Mills, Sinclair, Butt, :lol: Wut.

Just looked at that starting 11 and it looked fucking abysmal...Danny Mills, Sinclair, Butt, :lol: Wut.

Butt was class in that World Cup and was a good player in his time.

Just looked at that starting 11 and it looked f***ing abysmal...Danny Mills, Sinclair, Butt, :lol: Wut.

Butt was class in that World Cup and was a good player in his time.

:thup: Was Danny Mills and Sinclair worthy of starting?

I'm saying all of this and England nearly got that team to the final. Never mind I don't know what I'm talking about

Just recall getting mad at Beckham for hopping Before Brazil broke and leveled.