Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Lacazette is quite highly-regarded by many around here. I'd be happy with him even if I prefer someone who can bring the likes of de Jong into play.

But yeah, there haven't been many strikers linked with us.

Well yeah, I suppose you cant read too much into his scoring record given he's played on the wing a lot.  Seems we'll be priced out of that one though, £16m I keep seeing?

Can see us getting Riviere and then that being us done with strikers.  Cisse, Perez, Gouffran & Riviere.  Not sure what to make of that, really (assuming Pardew finally puts Gouffran up front)

We badly need some pace and athleticism, so happy he will be able to provide that for us. I think he will be a decent signing, and will make a contribution. I liked what I saw the few times I watched Monaco last season.

Good points regarding pace and athleticism. He seems like the correct type of forward we need at least.

It's been far too quiet on the main striker front tbh. Personally, I would like to see us go all out for Lukaku. May be unrealistic, but if you don't try...

Sell him the whole, look who weve signed, your the last piece of the puzzle.

Definitely get the feeling it will be this guy and this guy only, I can barely comprehend Ashley spending another 6-7 million this guy never mind another striker for 8-12 mil.

Riviere, Cisse, Gouffran, Perez will probably be our pool of first choice strikers, and that would definitely worry me.

Guest Roger Kint

It's been far too quiet on the main striker front tbh. Personally, I would like to see us go all out for Lukaku. May be unrealistic, but if you don't try...

Sky were reporting its a foreign player :lol: The Shock!

Seriously though its going to be some French based or former Lique 1 striker. Even Lukaku on loan would be a great signing(providing we got a CB in instead)

Nah man, it won't be. We'll get one more. He won't be the last. Think we're actually being sensible this summer.

The one area that we will definitely screw up I sat centre back, which we clearly aren't interested in strengthening. That will be the one we will lament all season long.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder how much Chelsea are looking for if they sell Lukaku. The scumbags will probably ask for £25 million.

I'd happily pay 25m tbh. Could be the difference between mid table and top 6, even with Pardew here.

He will be on more than £50k per week though no doubt which totally throws that out(the price did too mind)

Those signings, including a potential Riviere deal, will be covered by the Cabaye and Debuchy sales btw. We haven't really spent anything from the tv deal or previous seasons' profits. So no excuses if we don't get a proper striker in.

Wonder how much Chelsea are looking for if they sell Lukaku. The scumbags will probably ask for £25 million.

I'd happily pay 25m tbh. Could be the difference between mid table and top 6, even with Pardew here.

He will be on more than £50k per week though no doubt which totally throws that out(the price did too mind)

I am aware of all that and I know it's therefore extremely unlikely it will happen. Still, I want our club to aim high, and I think at 21 we could get a few really good seasons out of him and still sell at a profit, which could be attractive to Ashley.

Yeah, £25 million for him isn't outrageous, but for Newcastle nowadays it's a no go. For £15 million you'd hope big Mike would consider, but even then I would doubt it too. Think our cap under the miser is £10 million.

People genuinely talking about Lukaku as if he'd come here :lol:

He's been in the league long enough not to be a fucking idiot. We only sign foreigners for who the pay rise blinds them.

That's the problem... The club would look at it and think what's the point spending £25m + wages to finish 4 places higher and rake in only a couple of million for the effort... That would cost the club £30m+ in reality... :lol:

We'd already have Riviere, Cisse, Perez, Gouffran, and Campbell/Armstrong competing for one spot up front.

Doubt the club will pay big money for another striker on top of that unless Cisse leaves.

That's the problem... The club would look at it and think what's the point spending £25m + wages to finish 4 places higher and rake in only a couple of million for the effort... That would cost the club £30m+ in reality... :lol:

It's a gamble of course, but Lukaku could be worth double the 25m in a few years time. Anyway, it's highly unlikely, I'm just saying that's the level of forward I want us to aim for.

He's been in the league long enough not to be a f***ing idiot. We only sign foreigners for who the pay rise blinds them.

We signed Jack Colback. Anything is possible.

The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

Who though? The only (somewhat solid) links I've seen are Riviere and Lacazette. Neither of them are that level

Take a punt on Diabaté?  Maybe Vela from Sociedad since they've just got that bloke from Heerenveen.

He's been in the league long enough not to be a fucking idiot. We only sign foreigners for who the pay rise blinds them.

Brutal but fair. Aubameyang is unlikely as well, but at least it's within the realms of possibility. That's the only one I can think of who we might be targeting realistically. Even that's unlikely.