Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Shearer is my hero. Someone I'd be starstruck to meet. Most footballers mean nowt to me at all. Think it'd be Cristiano Ronaldo, Shearer, Ronaldinho, Keegan and maybe a handful of others. Lewandowski is my favourite player so probably him n all.

Shearer is my hero. Someone I'd be starstruck to meet. Most footballers mean nowt to me at all. Think it'd be Cristiano Ronaldo, Shearer, Ronaldinho, Keegan and maybe a handful of others. Lewandowski is my favourite player so probably him n all.

Cristiano's ultra-deep non camp voice freaks me out.

Was hoping you'd start naming like 5 more players after Lewandowski like a young child or something :lol:

Cristiano's ultra-deep non camp voice freaks me out.

:lol: same with Messi, it always throws me off.

I think it's fair to say Shearer looked after himself when he was playing, he's entitled to get as fat as he wants :thup:

It's an old picture anyway, that. He was pictured with a couple of family members in the spring and looked in great shape minus a completely fucked knee.

aye he tweets some fitness bollocks from time to time and looks tip top

fucking heartbreaking thinking about shearer these man

Two things we miss about Shearer I see little discussed:

1. The Fear Factor - maybe not in the Premier League, but in Europe you would get players so in awe of him that they would do silly things like back passes.

2. Referee influence - he knew how to get what he wanted off the ref 9 times out of 10

Goals were nice like.

And having a player who wanted to play for NUFC. And a player who wanted to win with NUFC.

Most recently I've been appreciating Shearer for not being Riviere.

Yeah that testimonial was the one of the best moments in my life and probably the one of the happiest I spent in our stadium

:lol: Weird isn't it? That a testimonial can produce statements like this? But its true, I imagine winning a trophy eventually will feel something like this. What a night.

I still get tingles when I think about it. The scarf waving, atmosphere was electric, shearers tears the team he put and the peno at the end wow!

The Middlesbrough game when we won 3-1 the season we got relegated was probably the closest game to the same atmosphere

When Martins put us 2-1 up in that game I nearly fainted from going mental in the stand. Pretty sure I whacked my ex gf inadvertently when Cuntenkrands made it safe.

I never got your hatred of Lovenkrands, he wasn't great by any means but thats a bit harsh :lol: