Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

I hope they both don't milk this and turn it into a running thing. They're both good pundits now imo. Shearer was crap for ages, but he's been decent for a while now.

I hope they both don't milk this and turn it into a running thing. They're both good pundits now imo. Shearer was crap for ages, but he's been decent for a while now.

Aye he's noticeably improved, looks a lot more comfortable in the role now.

Never seen a striker where you were just so confident of him scoring in front of goal. Lethal in the air, deadly on crosses and clinical in one on ones. I remember how much defensive work he did on corners too due to his heading ability.

Literally used to take defenders apart, :lol:

• 2 months later...

What was this programme on Sky, then?

Just seen a Vine of what looked like his debut hat trick for Southampton. Never seen those before. First time they've shown the footage?

It was one of the Football's Greatest series. Can't believe you've never seen those goals though?

I remember thinking the same as for years you were always told the footage was lost. (Think it was when ITV might have had the rights for a couple of years back then) So it was a massive surprise seeing them. :thup:

Yes, likewise. Always read or heard that there was no footage. Only radio commentary, or maybe crappy footage of one goal and in black and white.

This looked like it was all in proper quality and colour :lol:

Will try catching the full show tonight.