Alan Shearer

Weznufc

I'll never be happy with his role in Bobby's departure and Souness' appointment/Bellamy's ostracization but I mostly only think of the PL's best ever striker when someone mentions Shearer now. Behind only Pedro and Robert in my list of favourite NUFC players.

There was an episode on him for the Football's Greatest series on Sky recently. It's well worth a watch. My favourite anecdote was Shearer saying how he got to the training ground early on the Monday following the monsoon derby to ask Gullit about his omission but found Ferguson already in there effing and blinding.

Spurs in 96-97 shortly before KK resigned was a bit of a solo effort, latched onto a nothing long ball and spun it into gold.

Chelsea away that season. Grodas saved the first effort but he kept it, shielded it from 2 defenders and knocked it top corner from the edge of the box. Superb.

His goal against Man U in 04-05 was quite the solo effort too. Probably the last of the really good goals he scored for us.

Guest neesy111

Spurs in 96-97 shortly before KK resigned was a bit of a solo effort, latched onto a nothing long ball and spun it into gold.

Chelsea away that season. Grodas saved the first effort but he kept it, shielded it from 2 defenders and knocked it top corner from the edge of the box. Superb.

His goal against Man U in 04-05 was quite the solo effort too. Probably the last of the really good goals he scored for us.

That spurs goal was awesome.

4 of his best 5 goals imo were in front of me at the Gallowgate. Lucky to have experienced that stuff.

His first two goals against Leicester during his 4-3 hat-trick game were brilliant, too. Also at the Gallowgate.

That quote by the way,

"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Is Rob Lee talking about Shearer in one of those Sky docs. Instantly cracked me up.

That spurs goal was awesome.

That the 7-1 where he beat a few then sorta flicked it into the roof of the net?

Guest firetotheworks

Remember that free kick away to Man United in 02/03?

Brilliant goal.

Best I've seen him score is probably the villa volley like. Outside spin with the inside of his foot at a tight angle ffs. Absolutely sublime.

Wimbledon FK is an underrated one, too. Incredible bend on it, he got so few like that.

Favourite header, anyone?

His equaliser at Liverpool in 2002/03 or the one against Leverkusen.

Also loved one at Blackburn. We lost 5-2 or something and had Dabizas sent off early. He jumped backwards quite a bit and still smashed it in the top corner.

Him and Bellamy... Unreal. I'm with Ronaldo on the Villa volley, against Schmeichel as well. Bellamy's goal was really good that day too. Spurs in the cup was probs my favourite though, extra time if I remember rightly. Perfect. Although pick any bullet header from a pin point Solano cross and I'll gladly jizz all over it.