Emil Krafth

Nobody

He's a £5m fullback, not sure how much you can really expect. Would be surprising if he was an upgrade on Manquillo and Yedlin. I've never seen him play outside of highlights mind.

weird signing...unless they expected one of Yedlin and Manquillo to leave...

It would be the only logical explenation until you remember who's sanctioning transfers and how they do it. No way in hell they would sanction a transfer unless the ink was dry on all original copies of the transfer papers for Manquillo or Yedlin.

Yet another “favour for an agent” signing surely?

No.

How've you got the inside track on this signing?

Tbh it probably isn't in the 'agent favour' bracket but it didn't many a great deal of sense. Can only assume they must have thought one of Yedlin or Manquillo was off; they can't seriously have thought this guy was a definitive upgrade.

It's far too early to judge - he was part of the back line that kept Tottenham at bay, away. We've also played Norwich, who just turned Man City over, and Liverpool who regularly tear teams a new arsehole.

It's clear he's never going to be a world-beater but good fullbacks/wingbacks cost £30m+ these days and he cost us £5m, so we shouldn't be surprised.  But it really is far too early to say whether he's going to be an upgrade on Yedlin and Manquillo.

It's a poor signing when we already have two £5m right backs that are at best average, now we have three. When there are Swedes telling us he's not good enough for us I tend to believe them.

It might be a weird concept to Brits but people from smaller countries often really do follow their fellow countrymen playing abroad even if they are playing for smaller clubs. :lol:

How many times have we been guilty of writing players off after a few games or even half a season, for them to come good and make us eat our words? Give the lad a chance FFS.

People are calling for Manquillo to be started now after he was labelled 'the worst player to ever pull on a Newcastle shirt' not long ago. The same happened with Diame before he came good.

Krafth has looked poor in his first few games but there aren't many players who have looked much better. Give him until the at least halfway through the season and if he hasn't improved then fair enough, he's legitimately s***. 5 games isn't enough to pass proper judgement on any player who has moved to a new country and a new league.

Fair enough.

But this is his standard. This is Krafth. I’ve seen him play for clubs in Sweden, Bologna and Amiens. I’ve also seen him play for the Swedish national team.

It’s like if someone buys Paul Dummet and expects him to become a Leighton Baines or a Ben Chillwell. Just no.

I would love to have a Swedish player at NUFC but I wasn’t expecting it to be Krafth. A more likely destination for Krafth would’ve been Brentford or Leeds.

However, I hope he can prove me wrong and become a steady PRL right back. I highly doubt he will though.

Krafth is a nice lad and will give his best for NUFC about that I am sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I read that when the deal looked off, it was Bruce that was really keen to push this one through. I mean the lad looks like he'll run all day, and that's a good attribute, just looks really poor on the ball. What is it that our scouts/Bruce were seeing that we aren't?

Just read he’s out for 6 weeks. It’s been said over and over but eventually someone has to realise something isn’t working with the training methods.

He got proper done off Calvert-Lewin who got booked, nowt to do with training methods.