Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just watched the QPR thing. Great stuff, very interesting and extremely well put together. What a mad cunt though :lol:

what i want to know is why the f*** has monkey heed been allowed on the show to give an opinion

To be fair, he was one of the players Maradona pissed on wasn't he?

The big question, is why is Townsend giving an opinion like it means something?

Was the Messi documentary thing any good? I pretty much avoided it - I'm of the opinion that the majority of ITV's football documentaries are pretty crap.

Good, if only to see Messi's best clips as a pro and some nice clips from his as a youngster. Pointless in hearing a bunch of non-committal pundits saying 'he's one of the best ever, you have to put him next to Maradona and Pele, they're in the same group, but the best? We'll have to see'

He's quite obviously the best in terms of talent and consistency

Was the Messi documentary thing any good? I pretty much avoided it - I'm of the opinion that the majority of ITV's football documentaries are pretty crap.

It was OK, if you've read about Messi then you pretty much knew everything it told you anyway. There was some interesting archive footage though, pretty much from him being just old enough to run right up until his professional debut. Worth a watch if you've nothing else to do.

Good, if only to see Messi's best clips as a pro and some nice clips from his as a youngster. Pointless in hearing a bunch of non-committal pundits saying 'he's one of the best ever, you have to put him next to Maradona and Pele, they're in the same group, but the best? We'll have to see'

He's quite obviously the best in terms of talent and consistency

It was OK, if you've read about Messi then you pretty much knew everything it told you anyway. There was some interesting archive footage though, pretty much from him being just old enough to run right up until his professional debut. Worth a watch if you've nothing else to do.

Ah okay, thanks for that :thup:

Will see if I can catch it on ITV player.

Just finished watching the the QPR thing today. Great stuff. Those italians were nigh on impossible to work with. No wonder they got through so many bosses. Actually felt quite emotional watching them celebrate the FA verdict, even though it wasn't my club. As a football fan, i think you can appreciate what fellow fans go through at times. That must have been an agonising wait, not being able to fully appreciate winning the league. The only reasons i'd want QPR to go back down are Mark Hughes and their overpriced ticket prices.

Just finished watching the the QPR thing today. Great stuff. Those italians were nigh on impossible to work with. No wonder they got through so many bosses. Actually felt quite emotional watching them celebrate the FA verdict, even though it wasn't my club. As a football fan, i think you can appreciate what fellow fans go through at times. That must have been an agonising wait, not being able to fully appreciate winning the league. The only reasons i'd want QPR to go back down are Mark Hughes and their overpriced ticket prices.

Yeah just watched it as well, those Italian (especially Briatore) are that fan you are glad doesn't run your club. Every game it's 'he's shit, get rid' 'this manager is an idiot' 'sack that coach' 'all we ask is that you win every game' :lol:

The Asian lads seemed spot on though, especially Bhatia who I felt really sorry for as you knew he was struggling with the Italians and their approach to things.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking, but couldn't find, a table of the number of times each club has been televised this season. Anyone direct me to such info?

It seems like we've been on the box absolutely loads this year.