Football podcasts

Gash

Aye, the ramble has gone to shit. Best thing about it was the fact that they've done it for years together and as such it seemed effortless, was just four mates chatting about football. Now it seems forced, the patter is terrible and not in a good way. No need to have it every day too, content seems stretched. Think I might bin it off unless it goes back to just the four of them again.

Really not a fan of the new Ramble format.

I just unsubscribed. Nothing particularly against the new people but the whole brand of the Ramble, and reason I listened, was the rapport between the four of them. Not really interested in the others, if I was interested in diff people I'd just try out some other podcasts. Also yeah, just too many episodes, I'm not keeping up with that.

What the fuck is that "Topics" shit they've been doing lately? Who thought that was a good idea?

I've got about 10 other football podcasts vying for my time but I know what I'd love to hear, ten minutes' worth of dreadful patter about which Premier League manager should start wearing a funny hat.

Guest neesy111

Fucked it off 2-3 years ago, became far too self aware and spread themselves far too thin.

Yeap, soon as they expanded then I went off it.

Really not a fan of the new Ramble format.

I just unsubscribed. Nothing particularly against the new people but the whole brand of the Ramble, and reason I listened, was the rapport between the four of them. Not really interested in the others, if I was interested in diff people I'd just try out some other podcasts. Also yeah, just too many episodes, I'm not keeping up with that.

Pretty much my feelings. I’ll stay subscribed and dip in and out.

Guest neesy111

Met them a few times (original cast) and had drinks with them (in London) are they are very good craic but guessing when you become a media company then it's not the same.

Same as Disco, stopped listening a couple of years back. Luke was always relentlessly annoying for as long as I listened and Jim is fine as a straight man but boring as all hell if the other 'entertaining' ones aren't actually entertaining so when Pete's schtick got old as well there wasn't much worth listening out for, especially when there started being more and more drops to try and keep up with.

If a few of us on here had somewhat similar feelings I guess it's not a surprise they've tried to shake it up but it sounds like it's come at the expense of losing even more of what made the show so good; that it was just four mates having a chat.

Ramble hasn't been on my huge list of football podcasts for years. I didn't like them, Pete annoys me and Luke seems like a twat.

Is Pete the one who also does the Wrestle Me podcast? If so I quite like him.

Aye.

I like them all. Shame they’ve split themselves up

Ramble hasn't been on my huge list of football podcasts for years. I didn't like them, Pete annoys me and Luke seems like a twat.

Is Pete the one who also does the Wrestle Me podcast? If so I quite like him.

Aye.

I like them all. Shame they’ve split themselves up

Cancelled my Patreon for them last week. Not as a reaction to the new format but all the talk did spur me on to do it a bit. I find I'm not listening to stuff as regularly this year with the lack of commuting. Then with a daily schedule it's not exactly something you can save up and binge on a long journey.

I don't mind the new cast at all and if I had the time I'd probably listen as much if not more than usual and still enjoy it but I have to agree with pretty much everyone saying they've missed a trick by not having the original 4 on together at least once a week.

Also, not a fan of them splitting out OTC onto it's own feed but then filling that feed up with shite. OTC should just be it's own separate thing again.

If you're a fan of the heavily saturated weekend recap genre, the Second Captains Monday release (which is free) is by far the best one. Today's episode is marvellous and not just because it contains a hilarious anecdote about Neil Warnock. Today's Ramble on the other hand was entirely void of anything interesting or insightful whatsoever.