Andy Cole

Paully

I suppose the day you mean was the Leicester game on 9 May 1993, the day we were presented with the Championship Trophy before thumping Leicester 7-1...the Andy Cole song was being sung just about non-stop after the start of the second half when he put us 7-0 up. Both he and David Kelly scored hat-tricks that day, and Kelly was the deserved ball recipient because he scored first.

I remember everything about the day, even the weather(which was sunny with clouds but a cold NE wind for the time of year)....it was a day no fan who was there would ever forget because it confirmed that we were back in the big time, the Sir John Hall stand was rising from the ashes of the old Leazes..and we meant business. We had hope in spades....

What we have now doesn't even bear comparison and there is precious little chance of that happening for a long long time - if ever.

My fave Toon player probably.

Will never forgive nor forget the Keegan s*** at Wembley with Manyoo. He was dead to me from that moment on.

Yep - no respect for a player who do this kind of thing.  Same with Bellamy to a certain degree.

Guest antz1uk

I suppose the day you mean was the Leicester game on 9 May 1993, the day we were presented with the Championship Trophy before thumping Leicester 7-1...the Andy Cole song was being sung just about non-stop after the start of the second half when he put us 7-0 up. Both he and David Kelly scored hat-tricks that day, and Kelly was the deserved ball recipient because he scored first.

I remember everything about the day, even the weather(which was sunny with clouds but a cold NE wind for the time of year)....it was a day no fan who was there would ever forget because it confirmed that we were back in the big time, the Sir John Hall stand was rising from the ashes of the old Leazes..and we meant business. We had hope in spades....

What we have now doesn't even bear comparison and there is precious little chance of that happening for a long long time - if ever.

Topped off by lindisfarne playing on an unfinished new leases end banging out local hero. Everything was perfection that dat

Guest Howaythetoon

My fave Toon player probably.

Will never forgive nor forget the Keegan s*** at Wembley with Manyoo. He was dead to me from that moment on.

I've softened since, he has sort of apologised for it in the past when pulled up about it at a talk in. Btw him and KK had a fall out, he didn't want to go to Man Utd. They didn't get on towards the end, although the two get on today and KK recently said he was a great player for him and a top lad.

What did he do at Wembley? Bit too young to remember.

Joined in with the Man Utd fans singing anti-NUFC songs

Specifically "Cheer up Kevin Keegan" etc. When we were their closest rivals. :(

can hardly blame him it though. elated after winning a Wembley final. different if he'd been an actual geordie like colback.

can hardly blame him it though. elated after winning a Wembley final. different if he'd been an actual geordie like colback.

Still hurt though.

Still hurt though.

keegan made him, took him from nowhere to the PL scoring 40+ goals in a season :lol:

i'll hate the cunt 'til the day i die for that as the song was specifically aimed at taking the piss out of keegan

10x worse than that colback bollocks