Emiliano Sala

bowlingcrofty

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Groo said:

5 years on and Cardiff are still chasing the money. Taking Nantes to court for 120 million Euro's. Tragic as it was, Cardiff offered a flight on a normal flight, it was Sala that turned that down. 

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240422-cardiff-puts-losses-at-120m-euros-in-dispute-over-sala-death

It’s not that often I read a word that I have absolutely no idea as to its meaning, but “phantasmagorical” is definitely one.

44 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s not that often I read a word that I have absolutely no idea as to its meaning, but “phantasmagorical” is definitely one.

Had to look it up myself, lol.

"having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination."

Sounds about right.

Like they are going to get £100m out of the French equivalent of Norwich for something that was not their fault. Sala didn't even get to play a game for Cardiff and they're still pissing on his legacy for an attempt at a cash grab that they know they have almost zero chance of getting.

Edited by Beth

2 hours ago, Beth said:

Like they are going to get £100m out of the French equivalent of Norwich for something that was not their fault. Sala didn't even get to play a game for Cardiff and they're still pissing on his legacy for an attempt at a cash grab that they know they have almost zero chance of getting.

Comparing one of the most successful clubs in France to a club that has a Friendship Trophy with Sunderland listed in their honours. 

nantes.thumb.PNG.908ee02b21cb1c068d657b967cfd30f3.PNG

norwich.thumb.PNG.c366af1b5b9d4d8b9e46c4d82154cdee.PNG

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Comparing one of the most successful clubs in France to a club that has a Friendship Trophy with Sunderland listed in their honours. 

nantes.thumb.PNG.908ee02b21cb1c068d657b967cfd30f3.PNG

norwich.thumb.PNG.c366af1b5b9d4d8b9e46c4d82154cdee.PNG

Surprised the Mackems haven't bragged about this.

We've never won a "friendship trophy" have we? 😅