Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

this season is arguably the most likely but i dont see it happening. kinnear is turning us into a bolton like team which will languish at about 14/15th. im not at all worried about relegation. bizarre that after all the time allardyce had playing hoof it football, he never got it right, but kinnear has pretty much got there already, and is doing it very well considering.

That's true mind. We've not lost a game under Kinnear with a goal in open-play (free-kick at Sunderland and a penalty at Fulham). He's definitely made us a team hard to beat anyway.

I've actually gone with a 7, which makes me appear more pessimistic than most. I always like to be optimistic about us, and while I don't particularly think we'll go down, I think that of all of the flirts we've had with relegation, this one has the biggest liklihood of actually happening.

I'd say that last season when we'd went about 8 games without a win under Keegan, 1-0 down at Birmingham at half-time where I think we'd have went a point above the drop-zone in mid-March, was a much scarier position to the one we're in now.

I dunno it just think that its because we are down there so early on this year and that I think that we're gonna be there or there abouts all season.  I did think we were going down at half time against Birmingham last year though.

I sincerely hope relegation doesn't become a reality but I get the feeling a lot of people are giving 1's 2's and 3's, not out of purely thinking Newcastle will definitely stay up, but that it's still relatively early in the season.

It's a real possiblity unfortunately. I see no reason why things will suddenly pick up for a sustained amount of time, or to a good enough level, i.e. to be entirely safe from the relegation fight.

this season is arguably the most likely but i dont see it happening. kinnear is turning us into a bolton like team which will languish at about 14/15th. im not at all worried about relegation. bizarre that after all the time allardyce had playing hoof it football, he never got it right, but kinnear has pretty much got there already, and is doing it very well considering.

That's true mind. We've not lost a game under Kinnear with a goal in open-play (free-kick at Sunderland and a penalty at Fulham). He's definitely made us a team hard to beat anyway.

I agree with this and went for a 3. The other thing in our favour is that i think two clear contenders are emerging  for me, WBA and Blackburn. The woeful performance by Sunderland at the weekend brings a ray of optimism also. We will probably be saved by the poor performances of these three.

7 - We have one of the most inept midfields in the the league.

It's not great I'd accept. After Barton and Gutierrez we're struggling a bit...

We also have some very good forwards, some solid defenders and an excellent keeper too don't forget though. :)

Not saying we're brilliant because we're not - we're very ordinary. But being ordinary is better than being shite. And there's a lot of shite in the league this year.

Undefeated at home since Kinnear took over and creditable away draws at Everton, Chelsea and Boro. I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a point from Fulham too.

Stoke, Wigan and Fulham are all capable of going on a shit run of games and we should over-take Stoke next week.

7 out of 10? Fuck off.

Undefeated at home since Kinnear took over and creditable away draws at Everton, Chelsea and Boro. I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a point from Fulham too.

Stoke, Wigan and Fulham are all capable of going on a s*** run of games and we should over-take Stoke next week.

7 out of 10? f*** off.

No, you fuck off  ;D

Seriously tho, yes the draws at Chelsea and Boro were good, a couple of clean sheets. Its all for nothing tho if we dont beat Stoke this saturday.

Its stays at 7 for me.

Stoke, Wigan and Fulham are all capable of going on a s*** run of games and we should over-take Stoke next week.

7 out of 10? f*** off.

No, you fuck off  ;D

Seriously tho, yes the draws at Chelsea and Boro were good, a couple of clean sheets. Its all for nothing tho if we dont beat Stoke this saturday.

Its stays at 7 for me.

will be inclined to agree if we dont beat stoke, ....if that is the case, ... just watch that red slide south as people re -submit their votes,...its what a relegationometer is for.