Miguel Almirón

Deuce

It’s not even hindsight most have been calling for Miggy to start for weeks. Seems fairly obvious to me he should be playing left wing, his tracking  back would help Lewis who is weak from a defensive point of view. You then move Maxi to cam where he has recently come out and said he wants to play.

I fail to see why people are standing up to him so strongly other than the fact that he's better than Joelinton and Hendrick, reality is he played a large number of games for us and hardly made an impact, unless he starts improving on his old self i'd rather start Fraser.

I fail to see why people are standing up to him so strongly other than the fact that he's better than Joelinton and Hendrick, reality is he played a large number of games for us and hardly made an impact, unless he starts improving on his old self i'd rather start Fraser.

Was that those games where he was our only outlet and only player who could take the ball from defence to attack? The games where he was increasingly unlucky not to score? The games where he got into great positions but players like Ritchie wouldn’t make the pass to him? The games where he actually got an assist but for whatever reason it wasn’t actually credited to him?

well you've answered your own question in the first line there. :idiot2:

I agree with that but people suddenly started to talk about him as if he was the second coming of Ben Arfa, he hardly impacts game for us and just runs around all game with little end product.

I agree with that but people suddenly started to talk about him as if he was the second coming of Ben Arfa, he hardly impacts game for us and just runs around all game with little end product.

i just think it's more the fact that he is better then a number of players that have started. little end product? how many assists compared to his colleagues this season?

he's not world class or anything but he's much better than whats n the pitch.

fans' frustration coming through that there are better options on the bench than on the pitch.

The imapct of having a player who make fast transitions like him is not something that shows up in stats, but its still really important

if you look at a lot of our goals/chances and trace the play back, miggy will have often played a pivotal role in it 3 or 4 passes back.

cant remember it know but we score a great team goal last season and its started with him chasing down an opponent at left back and winning the ball.

5 games in now, still haven't seen Wilson on the pitch with ASM, Almiron and Fraser.

From what I can see I don't think we will either. Bruce is obsessed with set pieces, and he doesn't want to play those three attacking midfielders together because in his mind we'll be too small a team. 

Well other then ASM hes our best attacker, so theres that.

His direct contribution has improved this calendar year and may well get better with an actual functioning striker to feed...

But we all know he brings other things to the table. He can take a man on, can make excellent runs behind defences, open up opportunities for others, he wins us set pieces, and he works hard too. It's really not hard to work out why people would much rather he started games.

Bit confused by the end-product criticism. He was out top scorer last season (yes the FA Cup opposition did help) having not scored until December. Technically also got his first assist just before that, but has been involved in so many others before and after that. Pace and work rate aside I don’t think there’s anything amazing to his game, but clearly when he’s played left-wing/attacking-mid he’s been very influential imo even if the stats don’t show it.