Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Obviously the cups have boosted his numbers but since his assist v Man City I’m guessing his figures are canny compared to others in his role?

Another thing to consider is experience in this league. I think he can get better as he gets more of it, and that actually applies to Joelinton as well. One of the reasons I don't generally go ballistic when he doesn't hit the net often enough, Joe is still relatively young and can improve. Also the same applies, I think our football is better when he's in the side than when Carroll is. Joelinton likes the ball at his feet, if Carroll's in the team our defenders will just look to hoof it in his direction.

Almiron always looked good but was unlucky he couldn't score.

Joelinton hasn't looked good

Obviously the cups have boosted his numbers but since his assist v Man City I’m guessing his figures are canny compared to others in his role?

Another thing to consider is experience in this league. I think he can get better as he gets more of it, and that actually applies to Joelinton as well. One of the reasons I don't generally go ballistic when he doesn't hit the net often enough, Joe is still relatively young and can improve. Also the same applies, I think our football is better when he's in the side than when Carroll is. Joelinton likes the ball at his feet, if Carroll's in the team our defenders will just look to hoof it in his direction.

Almiron always looked good but was unlucky he couldn't score.

Joelinton hasn't looked good

Almiron was getting the piss taken out of him when he went on the long barren spell without goals last season. Anyway, it's not a direct comparison, was more about getting better with experience in a foreign league and the type of football we play being designed for big battering ram strikers.

So ineffective on the right as he is very left footed, and it means he cannot break forward and run with the ball when he gets it, which is one of his greatest strengths. Instead he always has to come inside, where all the traffic is.

And still the manager has not recognised this. How? Every single thing Bruce manages to get wrong. All the time.

I vaguely remember him having a good game v City on the right but then never again afterwards. Mental that he keeps being put in that situation.

It's just awful.

Considering how deep we sit, him getting on the ball and pelting forward would be quite useful, but he has to be on the left to do that, as the space is always going to be out wide for that.

He could have played 4-2-3-1 with Joe on the left and Miggy in the centre.

Not to mention Joelinton has has also played on the right side at his previous club, and so they could have easily been swapped. It is less important for him to be on the left.

None of Bruce's decisions made any sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Won't he have to quarantine for 14 days when he gets back from whichever Covid hotspot he's been playing in?

No, sportsman are exempt if they are on international duty.