Woodgate

Coloccini

Solano

Robert

Cabaye

Lee

Beardsley

Shearer

4-4-1-1 formation. Enrique’s defensive ability to cover Robert not getting back over half way, Debuchy to provide some legs for Solano on the overlap...drool.

This but probably Speed over Cabaye. I also remember Hottinger being shit hot at RB, but I was young, so...

He’d give Rafa cold sweats at night. I’m not sure there’s a modern game manager out there who could harness his talent.

King Kev and SBR would have done just fine though..

Best XI (1990-2018) ?

Given

Barton Woodgate Albert Enrique

Ben Arfa Cabaye Speed Ginola

Cole      Shearer

Subs: Pav, Lascelles, Lee, Beresford, Robert, Ferdinand, Beardsley

As if anyone would have Ben Arfa over Robert and Peter Beardsley on the bench???

Really???  Cabaye isn't fit to lace his boots nor Roberrt Lees

Why was Hamann sold?

Batshit mental to get rid of him at the time.

He wanted the transfer and said his family couldn’t settle in the North or some shit and then went to Liverpool and won a bunch of trophies. Bastard. I also remember Inhoped he would break his leg and he was actually injured at the start of his career there IIRC

I recall him saying that he would rather play for Liverpool in the UEFA cup than for us in the CL league.

I think he saw in the long term that the two clubs were heading in different directions - and he was right.

Why was Hamann sold?

He wanted the transfer and said his family couldn’t settle in the North or some shit and then went to Liverpool and won a bunch of trophies. Bastard. I also remember Inhoped he would break his leg and he was actually injured at the start of his career there IIRC

He got booed to fuck the first time he played against us. Got subbed off at half time iirc.

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Moving Solano to RB simply to accommodate HBA! :lol: You're a true HBA fanboy, KI! :lol: (Yes, I know Nobby played there before in his career!)

Why was Hamann sold?

Thought it was because the players gave him Mein Kampf as a xmas gift.

Not sure why this thread keeps getting bumped as HBA is irrelevant now.

He was a player with potential but unfortunately his application was awful and thats probably why nobody has signed him yet.

Tbh id struggle to put him in the best 18, never mind best 11  since Newcastle have been in the Premier League

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

It amazes me the people on here that put him ahead of Beardsley,Solano ,Lee or Robert. They either didn't see them players play or just have some bizarre love in for Ben Area. Wherever he's been he's been lazy and his attitude stinks yes he's got talent but my god he's not on the same level as the players mentioned

Because he embodies the spirit of football man, the lad was a joy. I would turn up to games for him alone. He is absolutely on their level in terms of entertainment and the potential for magic to happen.

Guest firetotheworks

Given

Solano

Woodgate

Albert

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Moving Solano to RB simply to accommodate HBA! [emoji38] You're a true HBA fanboy, KI! [emoji38] (Yes, I know Nobby played there before in his career!)

Well yeah, because we've never had a right back in my lifetime that I'd prefer over either Solano or HBA. I don't think you need to be a HBA fanboy to think that Barton or Beye weren't as good.