Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Can people give Manor Park a break?

He’s a bit over positive, but theirs a few in here and on the forum who are over negative, in fact we have people filling every match thread wishing we lose. If we have to accept them then by the same standard we have to accept Manor Park with his level of positivity as well. His positivity is a welcome change to the normal narrative in my opinion.

So he posted the same article twice, he’s apologised for that and maybe it was a mistake. Plenty of people repeatedly post long articles and posts, including HTT’s posts which are twice as long. No offence HTT.

I like him. He’s just very excitable

Equally no problem with manorpark

In fact the ageist remark from Raconteur was quite unpleasant

You're having a laugh - I call my father old timer. It's a term of affection - they were actually pretty decent posters when not drivelling on about Shepherd.

It wasn’t just that phrase the whole post just reeked of the superiority of youth.

FWIW Manorpark has been posting on this forum for 13 years and whilst I have been aware of his existence until now I can’t really remember any particularly strong opinions on anything. Opinions on whatever are always kept where they are meant to be, on threads about the subject.

Compare that to NE5, you’d be talking about Darren Ambrose scoring for Charlton and then suddenly the thread would be taken nicer by chain quotes about the board, with plenty of  :spit: thrown in

I've noticed the Newcastle Consortium supporters group have had their twitter account suspended today.

Hmmm. I hope that's not a bad thing.

While it was funny, their rhyme tweet yesterday felt a little cocky and unprofessional.

The PL will be well aware of the account now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they reported them. However, while I agree they need to keep it professional, I don’t think at this point they’ve done anything wrong.

If anything it may even show how rattled PL are, and the tit for tat we can expect. Our clubs relationship with the league is toxic at this point.

But I do agree with manorpark, these 2 lads have stood up for the supporters of this club and showed we’re not taking this lying down. It most definitely got the blood pumping reading Keith Patterson in the gazette yesterday, great stuff.

Equally no problem with manorpark

In fact the ageist remark from Raconteur was quite unpleasant

You're having a laugh - I call my father old timer. It's a term of affection - they were actually pretty decent posters when not drivelling on about Shepherd.

It wasn’t just that phrase the whole post just reeked of the superiority of youth.

FWIW Manorpark has been posting on this forum for 13 years and whilst I have been aware of his existence until now I can’t really remember any particularly strong opinions on anything. Opinions on whatever are always kept where they are meant to be, on threads about the subject.

Compare that to NE5, you’d be talking about Darren Ambrose scoring for Charlton and then suddenly the thread would be taken nicer by chain quotes about the board, with plenty of  :spit: thrown in

PM

This maybe answers it re their twitter account.

steve

@oldheatonian

·

29m

Understand its Nothing to worry about at this stage regarding

@NCSL1892

twitter.

Simple problem of twitter acct verification reacting to a dodgy handset and number of failed attempts to access the acct over the last 12 hours

This maybe answers it re their twitter account.

steve

@oldheatonian

·

29m

Understand its Nothing to worry about at this stage regarding

@NCSL1892

twitter.

Simple problem of twitter acct verification reacting to a dodgy handset and number of failed attempts to access the acct over the last 12 hours

Premier league hackers trying to access their PM's. Bastard hackers.

You need a balance of optimism and reality.

The deal is off. However, if the PL are proved to be in breach then they will be fined, I guess heads will roll and the potential to undertake another takeover bid has a lot more chance of being successful.

The deal is off.

However, if the PL are proved to be in breach then they will be fined, I guess heads will roll and the potential to undertake another takeover bid has a lot more chance of being successful.

The deal is not off at present, and it never has been.

The (oft-quoted) PIF public withdrawal was not followed up by them withdrawing from the consortium, every comment from the consortium since then has been implied as 'one consortium', and PIF (independently) have never followed that 'understandably annoyed' public statement with any fiurther "we are no longer interested" statements. None at all!

Also, the Consortium never withdrew their bid from the Premier League.

So, the bid has always been there, and now (of course) very recently it is being pushed even harder . . much, much harder.

I always say 'just wait', but now I honestly feel that we will not need to wait too much longer.

(Just think about how GREAT it is all going to be . . .)

It is off like. And it was a group statement. Not PIF:

“With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club,”

You can’t a get much clearer statement than that like.  Put as much positivity out as you like but anything other than the deal being formally off is just speculation, at the moment.

“With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club,”

You can’t a get much clearer statement than that like.  Put as much positivity out as you like but anything other than the deal being formally off is just speculation, at the moment.

They would not seek arbitration on a deal that is off.

That’s the club. Not the group.

Whether it is the club, or the consortium, or both, it is difficult to see how you can take a deal to arbitration, if it is 'off' !!

I am aware of that, it doesn't change the fact that arbitration would be pointless if the deal were dead. If that were the case the club would be pursuing litigation rather than arbitration.

Keep going manorpark, I certainly enjoy your positivity and how much it irritates some people :)

I don't want to 'irritate' anyone, I really don't.

But, let's get real, we are ON THE WAY to a changed English Premier League, mainly for us but also for everyone else. The excitement levels for everyone as we start to thrill our way up the league.

It is a good job that the Americans are planning to go back to the moon, because they will need to go there to bring most of this City of ours back home, because that is where we will be most of the time !!!!

In a nutshell, that is why PIF want us . . .