Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

Sho Time

King at Bournemouth is £6.5m, you can go big on the other two strikers and still have him playing at least.

If the rumours of player/manager unrest at the start of the pre-season have got any legs, I'd steer clear personally.

Aye it's why i went for Arnautović, utter steal at £7m, well so is King at £6.5m if he plays obviously.

Yeah - I'd have liked Arnie at that price but can't get him into my squad. He look very good value on paper.

I've packed my midfield with low price players bar Salah, a risk but the prices this season are making it tough, Tom Cairney at £5m is a steal.

I've packed my midfield with low price players bar Salah, a risk but the prices this season are making it tough, Tom Cairney at £5m is a steal.

Same here, gone for Seri rather than Cairney right now but I'm not sure at all.

I went with Cairney as he takes a fair few free kicks, could get be the odd assist or goal as he tends to have free role, that and as a bench player he cost so little.

King at Bournemouth is £6.5m, you can go big on the other two strikers and still have him playing at least.

If the rumours of player/manager unrest at the start of the pre-season have got any legs, I'd steer clear personally.

Aye it's why i went for Arnautović, utter steal at £7m, well so is King at £6.5m if he plays obviously.

Yeah - I'd have liked Arnie at that price but can't get him into my squad. He look very good value on paper.

Yeah prices are heavy for midfielders/star players.

Sterling at £11.0m looks top heavy with the arrival of further attacking midfield competition and the ongoing emergency of young Foden there.

Noticed a few things:

1) It's very hard to call the Man City and Man Utd defences, whilst there'll be loads of rotation at Liverpool and Spurs. I'm just starting with Ederson in goal as he should be free of rotation.

2) Some strong 5.0m cheap midfielders, like Cairney (Fulham set pieces), Costa (Wolves winger), Kenedy and Ralls (Cardiff set pieces and penalties).

3) The World Cup hangover is a real ballache because there should be quite a few big names who won't play the first match.

4) So many good 6-7m strikers that I'm thinking of starting with two of them: Arnautovic, Zaha, Tosun, Mitrovic, Josh King, Wood, Austin, Raul Jimenez.

Cool. Just unsure if the Wolves hype is going to pay off.

Also considered Sigurdsson.

I think Siggy could be an astute choice. He does seem a player that Silva would get firing and he's always a danger from set pieces too.

Again, a player I couldn't find a place for, sadly.

To bring him and Arnatovic in, I'd have to be dropping Kane when I just know that at some point, I will 100% want Kane in my team, and it'd cost me too many points in transfers to make it happen.

Surprisingly low number of strikers have arrived this summer across the board. When you filter by position and look at the forwards there are pretty much all the same names other than the newly promoted clubs.

Currently:

Ederson, Boruc

Robertson, Bailly, Tomkins, Cedric, Wan-Bissaka

Salah, Sanchez, Richarlison, Jota, Chalobah

Aguero/Aubameyang, Arnautovic, J King

..... but keep trying to wedge Firmino, De Bruyne or Eriksen in there :lol: :lol:

Tempted by Kouyate if he's going to play every week, did alright last season in a worse team than Palace.

Strikers are the really hard ones, gone for Aguero and Firmino at the moment but getting Kane in later will be tough. Also think Aubameyang will get loads.

Ayoze would be on the cards if our fixtures weren't so hard.

Guest firetotheworks

Milivojević at Palace is £6.5m, 144 points last time and takes the pens and attacking free kicks, worth considering like.

Tbf, they've priced him accordingly. £6.5m is a lot to spend on a player like him imo.

Milivojević at Palace is £6.5m, 144 points last time and takes the pens and attacking free kicks, worth considering like.

Tbf, they've priced him accordingly. £6.5m is a lot to spend on a player like him imo.

I was going along the lines of him, Jota, Cairney, Kenedy etc, decent way to fill midfield alongside Salah as the one big price.

Must say it's a bit more tricky this season.

Agree. Same with Gross at Brighton who is now at £7.0m.

Mendy's Man City's third most expensive defender (more expensive than Stones and Danilo for example) I'd be well up for him being in my team, but he's too expensive. Just for an idea of scale, he's 6m, Azpilicueta, the highest scoring defender in both of the last two seasons is £6.5. I've gone for Trent Alexander Arnold at £5m instead which has meant I can go for the big hitters I need in there.

True enough, I took a slight hit in midfield for choosing Mendy. I've gone for Hendrick with my limited resources but alongside Salah, Kante & Sanchez it makes for a decent midfield. May have been better served choosing Kenedy as the budget option but we'll see.

Have a great feeling about Mendy from an offensive perspective though, he's an absolute monster and unstoppable once he gets a feel for marauding forward.

I'm probably totally wrong mind, I've never been too good at making astute judgements in fantasy football  :lol:

You've got a proper Hollywood attack mind.  Don't fancy changing Aguero or Aubameyang for a Vardy, Morata, or even Arnautovic to free up some cash for the defence or midfield?  And/ or maybe switch one of your 6.5 midfielders for a 5.0 budget first-teamer like Kenedy or Nevez from Wolves, cos you can't start all five midfielders and all three forwards anyway.

You've got a proper Hollywood attack mind.  Don't fancy changing Aguero or Aubameyang for a Vardy, Morata, or even Arnautovic to free up some cash for the defence or midfield?  And/ or maybe switch one of your 6.5 midfielders for a 5.0 budget first-teamer like Kenedy or Nevez from Wolves, cos you can't start all five midfielders and all three forwards anyway.

Aye, I feel like I'm prepping a team for the season at the moment. Definitely not the right way to get off to a good start! Think I may replace Firmino with him and make a few midfield adjustments like you mentioned, but I almost feel like I'm gonna get a similar return with a +3.5m outlay.

Just need the season to start so I can have my usual shit start and lose interest. :lol:

Had an idea and needs some help on if it will work.  My work do a prize for manager of the month.  If it make loads of subs to just try and win that every month will the points be deducted from my total score or next weeks score..if that makes sense?

So week one get 50 points

week 2 say I get deducted 10 points  for my transfers

week 3 get 50 point will I actually get 40 points for that week or will I get 50 but lose 10 from 1st week (Overall score)