Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

Sho Time

A tip: Only 6% of players globally have selected Benjamin Mendy. He's back fit now and will be one of the best full backs in the league. Slipping under the radar slightly with him being out all last season.

Lucas Digne might be a great option too.

Will Mendy be a guaranteed starter though? Well, as close as you can be, under Pep?

Ahead of Delph/Danilo? You would absolutely think so, yes. Played yesterday against Chelsea for a start.

:thup: He's not cheap mind. After you mentioned him, I thought he'd been a bit overlooked in terms of value etc but at £6.0m he's top end for a defender.

Guest firetotheworks

Mendy's Man City's third most expensive defender (more expensive than Stones and Danilo for example) I'd be well up for him being in my team, but he's too expensive. Just for an idea of scale, he's 6m, Azpilicueta, the highest scoring defender in both of the last two seasons is £6.5. I've gone for Trent Alexander Arnold at £5m instead which has meant I can go for the big hitters I need in there.

Guest firetotheworks

Does everyone broadly expect Austin to be Southamptons starting forward?

Almost certainly if he's fit, but that's a massive if.

Does everyone broadly expect Austin to be Southamptons starting forward?

Almost certainly if he's fit, but that's a massive if.

Yeah I am torn between these:

Kane/Firmino/Austin

Aguero/Firmino/Mitro

Thoughts?

I know Hughes started Austin loads towards the end of last season even when he was clearly nowhere near being fit so I guess he's a big fan.

Guest firetotheworks

Aguero's a fucking nightmare for me tbh. Whenever I have him he's either injured or not playing, so I stay clear of him and Jesus, but if you can get them at the right time then they're class choices. I'd go with Kane Firmino Austin out of those two choices, but you know about Kane and August/September.

A tip: Only 6% of players globally have selected Benjamin Mendy. He's back fit now and will be one of the best full backs in the league. Slipping under the radar slightly with him being out all last season.

Lucas Digne might be a great option too.

I've got Mendy, smug.

Aguero's a fucking nightmare for me tbh. Whenever I have him he's either injured or not playing, so I stay clear of him and Jesus, but if you can get them at the right time then they're class choices. I'd go with Kane Firmino Austin out of those two choices, but you know about Kane and August/September.

You've just nailed my two issues (year in, year bloody out) Aguero almost always costs me in terms of selection/timing it etc and Kane always starts slow.

The three you mentioned (Kane/Firmino/Austin) are the original three I'd gone with so I should probably stick to that.

My team:

Ederson

Speroni

Cedric

Alexander Arnold

Dunk

Tompkins

Bernardo

Salah

De Bruyne

Cairney

Jota

Kenedy

Austin

Firmino

Kane

I strongly fancy Liverpool and City to be streets ahead of the pack by the end of the season so have gone for as many of their players as I could reasonably squeeze in with my final dilemma being the Kane/Aguero argument mentioned above.

King at Bournemouth is £6.5m, you can go big on the other two strikers and still have him playing at least.

If the rumours of player/manager unrest at the start of the pre-season have got any legs, I'd steer clear personally.

King at Bournemouth is £6.5m, you can go big on the other two strikers and still have him playing at least.

If the rumours of player/manager unrest at the start of the pre-season have got any legs, I'd steer clear personally.

Aye it's why i went for Arnautović, utter steal at £7m, well so is King at £6.5m if he plays obviously.

Wood from Burnley is under consideration too.

I don't fancy Burnley this year tbh.

Nah I know, that's what stopped me putting him in.

Are any of the Wolves strikers decent?

Ayoze returned 120+ points last season as well, amazed.

Aye it's why i went for Arnautović, utter steal at £7m, well so is King at £6.5m if he plays obviously.

Yeah - I'd have liked Arnie at that price but can't get him into my squad. He look very good value on paper.

Wood from Burnley is under consideration too.

I don't fancy Burnley this year tbh.

Nah I know, that's what stopped me putting him in.

Are any of the Wolves strikers decent?

Tip - they'll play Jota up top and he's in as a midfielder. £6.5m though, so still a bit of a punt.

I think he's on pens too.

We doing the draft league again this year?

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that. I’m interested if others are.

I admittedly went awol last season but I'm interested. Are there any improvements?