Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Tbh I'd say the same about Sammy, sick of playing with no width and players who can't beat a man.

Aarons is promising but the main thing is he provides something we don't have. I'd much rather start people like him or Sammy on the wing than Gouffran.

Guest firetotheworks

Trending on twitter.

And the judgement is based on the fact Aarons actually looks like he has end product and a good footballing brain as opposed to running aimlessly down the wing and being easily tackled.

:lol:

What? Aye, in Premier League matches.

Sammy gets far too much s**** because of his surname.

:thup: There was a stage last season where Sammy was our best player for a few weeks

Yip, until he got injured he looked like he had developed and was starting games on left of the 3, it's because he is Shola's brother that people give him shit because he clearly has something but will probably end up in Championship, in fact he should probably leave us now and have half a chance of a decent career

Tbh I'd say the same about Sammy, sick of playing with no width and players who can't beat a man.

Aarons is promising but the main thing is he provides something we don't have. I'd much rather start people like him or Sammy on the wing than Gouffran.

It's about getting them to work back into a 5 when off the ball and both have shown willingness to do it from what I have seen, Sammy certainly tried to last season and Aarons so far appears to help the full back. Going forward they are a lot more creative than Gouff who for me is a forward

Trending on twitter.

And the judgement is based on the fact Aarons actually looks like he has end product and a good footballing brain as opposed to running aimlessly down the wing and being easily tackled.

Friendly, premier league, reserves, whatever I cant recall seeing Sammy put in a performance like that or look like having that much potential.

Just going by what I've seen so far and there's probably more to come from both players, but simply a comment on what little I've seen so far.

Fucking thought police.

Aye it's not Gouffran's fault as he's clearly a striker, but if you're going to play as a winger at least pick actual wingers.

That's why I want him to be given a chance, we have so few actual wingers at the club might as well use them.

Guest firetotheworks

Trending on twitter.

Friendly, premier league, reserves, whatever I cant recall seeing Sammy put in a performance like that or look like having that much potential.

Just going by what I've seen so far and there's probably more to come from both players, but simply a comment on what little I've seen so far.

f***ing thought police.

Sammy has definitely had a game or two like that, mind. I like the look of him, I just don't get the whole thing about him looking twice the player of Sammy, who put in performances like that when he first came on the scene and everyone was saying 'he looks twice the player that Shola does' (something we can all agree on)

Trending on twitter.

Fucking thought police.

Like Triggs said there was a stage last season, during January and February where he was probably our best player, and then he got injured, and has seemingly stagnated. Even during this pre-season he hasn't looked that bad.

He will be buzzing tonight after that. Fingers crossed he's the real deal and isn't just a one game pre-season friendly wonder. Too early to tell either way but I'm sure he'll be proud of his efforts today.

Always nice when a kid comes through the ranks and becomes a player.

Guest firetotheworks

Sammy gets far too much s**** because of his surname.

Any s**** he gets is probably more to do with the fact he's not improved one bit in well over 3 years. Not even Boro want him.

Not so much a defense of Sammy, but can you think of anyone that's improved beyond their initial potential? It's a recurring question, we're absolutely s*** at developing talent.

Well at the moment we have Aarons, Dumshit, Campbell, Armstrong, Streete, Satka, Abeid, Bigirimana that are young talents coming through. Can anyone see any of these players either:

- Having a decent career here

- Going to a bigger team from here

I think they will all go backwards and spend their days in League 1 or 2. Dumshit is just awful but the rest clearly have a level of talent and should be coached and developed.

Guest firetotheworks

Bigirimana is the one out of those that's got the nearest imo. He should have been given a bigger chance or went on loan to a newly promoted team.

Bigirimana is the one out of those that's got the nearest imo. He should have been given a bigger chance or went on loan to a newly promoted team.

Yip, just needed games. If we are not going to play Bigi,Armstrong, Campbell or Aarons in first few months then they need to be sent on loan to Championship, not

scotland or League 1, it needs to be higher. They would come on a lot from 10-20 championship games rather than rotting in our reserves.

He looks a talented young player and looked better than most of his more senior team mates. That includes all the technical things as well. He's got pace and decision making looks good. Why spend time talking about Sammy? A young lad coming through our ranks rose to the occasion when given a chance in a friendly. Good for him. Keep him around the team and give him chances to develop now.

He looks a talented young player and looked better than most of his more senior team mates. That includes all the technical things as well. He's got pace and decision making looks good. Why spend time talking about Sammy? A young lad coming through our ranks rose to the occasion when given a chance in a friendly. Good for him. Keep him around the team and give him chances to develop now.

:thup:

Pards sounding like some kind of diamond-polisher of the youth, from the article below:

----------

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/rolando-aarons-is-playing-his-way-into-alan-pardew-s-plans-at-newcastle-1-6749043

ROLANDO Aarons is flying for Newcastle United – after jetting halfway around the world.

The winger impressed in the club’s 4-0 win over Sydney FC in New Zealand on Monday.

And Aarons will get another run-out tomorrow against Wellington Phoenix in the country’s capital (5.30am kick-off BST) before the squad makes the long journey back to Tyneside.

The pacy 18-year-old – who joined Newcastle from Bristol City two years ago – was lively on the left wing and combined well with full-back Massadio Haidara.

Aarons made a series of runs down the left, and put in a number of dangerous crosses.

And United manager Alan Pardew is hopeful Aarons – who signed a long-term contract late last season – can build on his positive first steps in pre-season and make greater strides over the coming weeks and months.

“Rolando’s the sort of player the fans will love – he’s obviously very quick,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“He plays left side and gets crosses in, which is something we haven’t got in the group. He enjoys playing that role.

“We’ve had a couple of left-footed players who don’t actually like playing that side, but he has the pace to trouble any full-back.

“We’re hoping that he progresses.

“He’s still got a lot to do to be a Premier League player, but he’s working hard. He’s impressed me.”

Teenage striker Adam Armstrong, pictured, scored after coming off the bench against Sydney FC.

And Pardew feels Armstrong, Aarons, Lubomir Satka and Freddie Woodman are all making good progress.

“It was nice to see Rolando play so well – he’s pushing – and he and the new boys have added to our technical ability,” he said.

“I’ve been here four years now and worked hard on this group – Lubo, Arma, Rolando and Freddie Woodman – and all four of those are progressing well.

“How much they’ll feature next season, we’ll wait and see.

“But I would say Rolando’s just heading that group in terms of a first-team option.”

Aarons pledged to put in the hard yards needed in April after signing a professional contract at St James’s Park.

“This is where it starts, and I need to get my head down,” said Aarons.

“The hard work starts now. I feel like I’m stronger, faster and fitter, and I’ve benefited from the work I’ve been doing with the fitness coaches here.

“It seems as though the gaffer is really interested in bringing young players through, so it gives you hope that you’ll get a chance if you keep doing well.”