DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

• 3 weeks later...

Been quality last few games, at both ends of the pitch, last ditch block and should have had another assist.

I like the fact he gets crosses in now (decent ones too) : in a back 3 he is more than useful as a wing back; would like him to further develop his crossing/shooting

Sissoko v Yedlin race would be the right call

No contest, Yedlin.

Depends on distance

If it is a sprint, 100m-200m then D-Yed wins, no? 

I'd like to see this race now, actually :lol:

Not sure. 200 metres is pretty long compared to anything you’d run on a football pitch and Yedlin’s legs are pretty small compared to Sissoko’s. Think Yedlin wins easily at 40/50m, its pretty close at 100m and Sissoko wins at 200m.

This is obviously complete guesswork mind :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Martins seemed to have great acceleration off the ball over short distances.  Yedlin looks like a track star and covers a lot of ground.  Would love to know what his 40 yard, 100m and 200m times are.

I don't think I've ever known a player use their pace less than Martins tbh. He was obviously fairly fast, but he was so positionally poor at the on-the-shoulder stuff that it counted for nothing really.

Martins seemed to have great acceleration off the ball over short distances.  Yedlin looks like a track star and covers a lot of ground.  Would love to know what his 40 yard, 100m and 200m times are.

I don't think I've ever known a player use their pace less than Martins tbh. He was obviously fairly fast, but he was so positionally poor at the on-the-shoulder stuff that it counted for nothing really.

[2006]His very existence in the team pushed defenders back, on account of his pace, so it did make a difference even if he, as you say, didn't know how to use his pace. A fast player who doesn't know how to use his pace is more of an asset than a strong player who doesn't know how to use his strength.[/2006]

Guest firetotheworks

Enrique was deceptively quick as well. In fact I remember him up against Bellamy when he was still fairly fast and he caught up to him despite Bellamy having a fairly big head start.

Enrique was deceptively quick as well. In fact I remember him up against Bellamy when he was still fairly fast and he caught up to him despite Bellamy having a fairly big head start.

Aye. Think it was Carragher who said he was one of the quickest players in the Liverpool team, too.

At university his coach said he ran a 4.25 40. Which would put him top 10 all time in American football  for the scouting combine.

For reference Bellerin broke Walcott's record at Arsenal with a 4.4. 4.25 is F U speed and then some.

I don't think it's close, Sissoko didn't have blistering pace.

Yedlin v Martins would be.

As a Sounder supporter here in the Seattle area, I can attest that Yedlin was the fastest guy on the team (not surprising) and Oba was the 2nd fastest. They overlapped by a year or so. It really is too bad that Yedlin didnt start focusing primarily on this sport until he was in high school here (15 years old I believe he began focusing). Had he been taught correctly from a young age with a european type tutelage...the sky would have been the limit for him. Cause he has all the athleticism in the world but the technical ability is obviously lacking.

• 1 month later...