Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Imagine if he performed as he has the second half of this and last season for an entire season!

Second half of this season he's not only showed to us again that he can score, but some of the stuff he's been pulling off has been incredible. That shuffle inside Liverpools 6 yard box f.ex :drool: I was sitting in my chair giggling like a little girl. He seems stronger and faster than he's ever been. Not sure if it's just clouded perception due to feeling better about him than during the first half of the season, or if he's simply improve massively the last year not only technically but also mentally and physically?

We'd be stupid to let him go in the summer. If we can get 2nd half season Ayoze over a full season, £25m or whatever is talked about is not enough to replace never mind improve on him.

I think he's obviously been building up his strength, and I just wonder if that affected his game. I imagine when you focus on strength training it has an effect on overall athleticism. He's basically been operating in a brand new body this year, and has had to adapt. I think next season will be his most complete to date (probably for somebody else) and his value will rocket.

It's a learning thing in terms of attitude too, he knows he won't get a free kick like he expected so now he leans in and tries to play on.

I've always rated Perez, but I don't really see him going on to better things. It seems odd to me that when he's finally fulfilling his potential here he would decide it's time to leave. I thought he had the potential to be a good mid table player, and I think that this season he has finally proven that that's the case. Fair enough if he wants to go back to Spain or wants to see what's happening with Rafa, but this seems an unnecessary risk, at a more competitive club he could quickly become irrelevant.

When you’re playing well is exactly the time to move like, of course it is. Still don’t have much to suggest it’s avtially happening.

Rafa’s system needs a player like Pérez so let’s hope we have an expensive replacement in mind if he does go.

When you’re playing well is exactly the time to move like, of course it is. Still don’t have much to suggest it’s avtially happening.

Rafa’s system needs a player like Pérez so let’s hope we have an expensive replacement in mind if he does go.

http://cdn3-i.hitc-s.com/837/joselu_of_newcastle_united_celebrates_after_scoring_his_sides_fi_672822.jpg

It depends on the circumstances. Perez has struggled for years to find a team/system that brings the best out of him here, now he has found it and is a key player. Is it wiser to move now or continue building on the last 6 months? It's not like he's a great player that will thrive wherever he goes.

It depends on the circumstances. Perez has struggled for years to find a team/system that brings the best out of him here, now he has found it and is a key player. Is it wiser to move now or continue building on the last 6 months? It's not like he's a great player that will thrive wherever he goes.

I just mean in terms of money, I can see why someone would get a big move when they can. Especially if you believe you're at or around your peak.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

As fans, we'd obviously want to stay and play our whole careers at NUFC. But if you were him, and there was any chance of going to the next level, then you'd probably give it a go. Next level probably means Leicester, Wolves or Everton in the Prem, or one of Valencia, Sevilla or Getafe in Spain - one of those three are playing Champions League football next season. Either way, if he leaves, we should be looking at £20m+

• 2 weeks later...