The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Emery’s record is far superior to Pellegrini’s. Both have won and lost with over powered teams.  Emery’s successfully managed 2 teams with CL and Cup aims and no more. Pellegrini didn’t succeed at Real and did well with Malaga.  Emery’s has CL qualifications in a competitive league and won trophies. 

I think people are looking too much into his PSG job. That’s above his ability and has different requirements. Rafa’s never a good Real manager, doesn’t mean he’s not a top coach.

The remit of the Arsenal job is the same remit as Valencia and Sevilla. His prior achievements are still valid.

Getting Malaga and Villareal to the latter stages of the CL while being very unlucky not to progress further is better than winning the Europa League IMO. Pellegrini also did better with City than Emery did with PSG and got a then record points total with Real Madrid

I did forget about that Villarreal side tbf. Lehmann saved the last minute penalty. Same year Arsenal got to the final right? That was a top achievement aye but doesn’t the fact it was the same year Arsene went to a CL final say something?

I’m that one season with Real they got beat by Lyon I’m R16 AGAIN. I think they’ve gone to the semis ata minimum every year since. He failed. 

But aye that Villarreal run was amazing.

I don’t think either are top managers tbh.  Pellegrini’s biggest achievements pre-City was a couple deep runs in the CL, no final appearances.  He did ok at City. Lost the league with KDB, Silva, Yaya, Aguero etc. to Leicester City and finished begin Arsenal. 

If I was looking to finish 4th and win cups, while being a seller club Arsenal seem to want. Emery over Pellegrini easily. 

Graham Potter to Swansea according to Sky.

Noooooooooooooooo! Noooooooooooooooooo! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! WHYYYYyyyyYyyyy :weep:

Jesus fucking christ I’m angry. Of all the clubs in England. You deserve better, Graham. You deserve better.

Noooooooooooooooo! Noooooooooooooooooo! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! WHYYYYyyyyYyyyy :weep:

Jesus fucking christ I’m angry. Of all the clubs in England. You deserve better, Graham. You deserve better.

Good job he's not going to England then

Who's that? ???

Östersund's manager. Worked absolute miracles there, taking them from the Swedish third division to knock out stages of the EL, playing mostly really good football and on a shoestring budget, even by Swedish standards.

Who's that? ???

Östersund's manager. Worked absolute miracles there, taking them from the Swedish third division to knock out stages of the EL, playing mostly really good football and on a shoestring budget, even by Swedish standards.

Highly debatable.

Guest Howaythetoon

Think I might have a few quid on Stoke coming straight back up with Rowett

I rate him myself, he was doing well at Birmingham only to get the boot for Zola and has kind of done well with Derby, but he needs to settle down and build a reputation and stop going from club to club. Stoke could be a good fit for him mind.

Dunno how he plays, but Emery does have quite the impressive resume.

Excellent win statistics and his list of honors is admirable.

UEFA Europa League: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16

Ligue 1: 2017–18

Coupe de France: 2016–17, 2017–18

Winners are winners.

Guest Howaythetoon

He could be Arsenal wha Mancini was to City. They probably need a bit of a disciplinarian, someone tactical and someone a bit less expansive or open with a soft Bellew than they were under Wenger towards the last few years if his tenure.

I rate him myself, he was doing well at Birmingham only to get the boot for Zola and has kind of done well with Derby, but he needs to settle down and build a reputation and stop going from club to club. Stoke could be a good fit for him mind.

I think he's a bit of a dick, decent manager but from what I think he wouldn't sign at brum because he was trying to get other jobs and he's pretty much ditching Derby instantly

don't have much of an issue with managers doing that tbh, clubs are mighty quick to pull the trigger on them after all so why should they show any loyalty

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's a bit of a dick, decent manager but from what I think he wouldn't sign at brum because he was trying to get other jobs and he's pretty much ditching Derby instantly

From what I understand at Birmingham, Zola was lined up well in advance and Rosetta was peddled because the board wanted a name and fancy football. We all know how that turned out. When they came to SJP a game I was at to watch with my Blues supporting cousin they were 5th or 6th and not many points behind us with a good defensive record. We thrashed them 4-0 and it could have been 7. They almost went down that season under Zola. He was treat badly at Birmingham from recollection and based on what my cousin would tell me.

Think Ancelotti is better suited to clubs with big name stats and egos. A good manager for Man Utd.  Dunno what it’s like going from Sarri to Carlo. Bayern players didn’t think raining was intense enough or something.

Doesn't Bayern players complaining about his methods mean that he might not be a manager for the big egos anymore? He might be better suited for a Napoli type job now.

He could be Arsenal wha Mancini was to City. They probably need a bit of a disciplinarian, someone tactical and someone a bit less expansive or open with a soft Bellew than they were under Wenger towards the last few years if his tenure.

He's always been very good at combining steel with talent. An attractive manager he isn't, but he knows how to be effective. PSG job was a hiding to nothing, it's obvious that he was a figurehead in there.

I just wonder how he will fit at Arsenal after Wenger. He sports a very different brand of football and I can see things going south if he doesn't come racing out of the blocks and fans/media get impatient.

I still don't get the Swansea hate from Kaiz tbh. [emoji38]

They’re a Welsh team in the English league. It’s a horrific anomaly. Either go full UK or stick to your own national leagues. If you have seperate FAs and national teams, you shouldn’t interbreed in your leagues. If Swansea qualified for Europe they’d not take one if the Welsh spots. It’s all anarchy. ANARCHY!