Newcastle invite Bramble offers

LooneyToonArmy

...possibly (well certainly IMO) worse coaches than we have now.

IMO I humbly disagree. Even Roeder has said that it will take 5 years before Clark will (may) become a top coach, and Terry Mac? Feck off.

We had a better coaching set up under Souness, and that is deeply sickening.

United set to offload Bramble

Oct 22 2006

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Newcastle are aiming to offload Titus Bramble in January - and take up to a 90 per cent loss on the error-prone defender.

Bramble's latest horror show, in last Sunday's Premiership defeat to Bolton, was the last straw for United's top brass.

And with the 25-year-old out of contract next summer, United may sell him for as little as £500,000 in the new year - one-tenth of what they paid Ipswich for him in 2002.

Even then, Newcastle know they may not be overwhelmed by interest in Bramble, although a move back to Portman Road is a possibility.

United boss Glenn Roeder hopes to sign THREE defenders in January - after admitting it was "frustrating" not to sign Jonathan Woodgate ahead of today's opponents Middlesbrough in the summer.

But despite United's poor start to the domestic season, Roeder insists he doesn't feel under undue pressure.

And amid mounting discontent on the terraces, has vowed not to ditch his calm and composed image.

"It was frustrating not to get him," Roeder said of Newcastle old boy Woodgate, who chose to join Boro on loan from Real Madrid. "But there were two considerations.

"One was his medical record, which suggested it would be tough for him to play lots of games. The other was his desire to play for his hometown team.

"The thing with Jonathan is, because of his injuries, you never know how long you will get before he breaks down again."

Robert Huth was a stronger target still for Roeder, but the former Chelsea centre-back also chose Boro and may partner Woodgate today.

"I saw a lot of Huth when I was in London, and I got glowing reports about him from players I am close to at Chelsea," added Roeder, tracking Macedonia centre-half Alex Vasoski according to new reports in Europe.

"Why did we not get Huth? There are reasons that are difficult for me to elaborate on, but he decided to join Middlesbrough."

Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please Right back, Left Back, Centre back please

Some of his quotes are cracking, especially the last.  The answer to his last point is probably something along the lines of Roeder not having enough time to evaluate the player.

On Woodgate, we knew about his medical condition so I can't see why he mentions it, if we showed an interest in him then we must have accepted that he might break down.

It just looks like sour grapes and excuses.

Probably speculation, but if it's true, then it has all the hallmarks of our beloved Chairman yet again going behind his manager's back.

Freddy wouldn't do that, would he?

We're probably just trying to get some cash together so we can strengthen our strongest positions.

which is ?

What makes you think Roeder is happy with him ? Or are you wildly speculating again as usual

PS...our board pre-1992 used to buy mostly washed up has beens and players who would never be top players but of course you know that already don't you...in fact they used to stick their nose in and sell our best players behind the managers back especially home grown England international local lads and you know all about that as well.

which is ?

What makes you think Roeder is happy with him ? Or are you wildly speculating again as usual

PS...our board pre-1992 used to buy mostly washed up has beens and players who would never be top players but of course you know that already don't you...in fact they used to stick their nose in and sell our best players behind the managers back especially home grown England international local lads and you know all about that as well.

bluelaugh.gif

You're as boring and repetitive as ever, straight into the defence of Shepherd whenever he's mentioned.

(Edited)

I decided to read past pre-1992, it's usually when I stop reading.

Bowyer & Speed, do them two names ring any bells?

Some of his quotes are cracking, especially the last.  The answer to his last point is probably something along the lines of Roeder not having enough time to evaluate the player.

A more likely explanation is that Shepherd didn't rate Huth as highly as Roeder, wasn't prepared to match Boro's bid until the last moment when things were desperate, and by then Huth was keen to opt for the club that had shown a sustained interest in him rather than one who tried to muscle in at the last moment.

Probably speculation, but if it's true, then it has all the hallmarks of our beloved Chairman yet again going behind his manager's back.

Freddy wouldn't do that, would he?

We're probably just trying to get some cash together so we can strengthen our strongest positions.

which is ?

bluesleep.gif

which is ?

bluelaugh.gif

You're as boring and repetitive as ever, straight into the defence of Shepherd whenever he's mentioned.

(Edited)

I decided to read past pre-1992, it's usually when I stop reading.

Bowyer & Speed, do them two names ring any bells?

I'm repetitive ?

Who mentioned Shepherd first ? What grounds do you have for thinking its Shepherds decision to release him ? Your obsession leading to you making things up is very sad. Even I - after defending Bramble for a canny while hoping he would fulfill his potential have just about gave up on him, so the simple fact is - if Roeder still wants him at the club and wanted to hand him a new contract wouldn't say much for Roeder, yet that is what you are insinuating.

And BTW - I am not defending anything or anyone, just correcting you when you make things up. But all the same - pre-1992, has beens and never will be's was the market we operated in, unlike now. Do you agree with this comment or are you going to "defend" the old board who gave you consistent relegation battles and 2nd division football rather than european football and top players of the last decade ?

I'm repetitive ?

Who mentioned Shepherd first ? What grounds do you have for thinking its Shepherds decision to release him ? Your obsession leading to you making things up is very sad. Even I - after defending Bramble for a canny while hoping he would fulfill his potential have just about gave up on him, so the simple fact is - if Roeder still wants him at the club and wanted to hand him a new contract wouldn't say much for Roeder, yet that is what you are insinuating.

And BTW - I am not defending anything or anyone, just correcting you when you make things up. But all the same - pre-1992, has beens and never will be's was the market we operated in, unlike now. Do you agree with this comment or are you going to "defend" the old board who gave you consistent relegation battles and 2nd division football rather than european football and top players of the last decade ?

You are to boredom what Lennox Lewis was to heavyweight boxing, you're right up with the best of them.

I didn't mention Shepherd first, I suppose I did by name but not by title.

What about Bowyer & Speed being peddled behind the managers back?  Remember, you mentioned per-1992 and players being sold behind the managers back, what about Shepherd trying to do it, is that a good or bad thing?

Also, I'm sure my comments were read the way they were meant by most people, Mr Bore of the year 2005/06. 

Here, have your trophy  :first:

I'm repetitive ?

You are to boredom what Lennox Lewis was to heavyweight boxing, you're right up with the best of them.

What about Bowyer & Speed being peddled behind the managers back?  Remember, you mentioned per-1992 and players being sold behind the managers back, what about Shepherd trying to do it, is that a good or bad thing?

Also, I'm sure my comments were read the way they were meant by most people, Mr Bore of the year 2005/06. 

Shepherd didn't try and peddle Bowyer and Speed, that was just Bobby getting confused as he'd lost his marbles. Isn't that right NE5.

I'm repetitive ?

Shepherd didn't try and peddle Bowyer and Speed, that was just Bobby getting confused as he'd lost his marbles. Isn't that right NE5.

thanks for your response or lack of the last time i proved you wrong

I'm repetitive ?

whats that ? The Texaco Cup - the limit of the ambition of the club in your "golden era"

thanks for your response or lack of the last time i proved you wrong

Shepherd is shit, try and prove that wrong.

Well, it must be a strange feeling for you , seeing a team near the foot of the table as you haven't seen it before, are you going to stop going like the last time

EDIT

Simple fact is, the subject of this was about the club listening to offers for Bramble and its been turned into yet another anti board

thing.....and you say I'M repetitive !!!  Bramble is out of contract and Roeder has decided he isn't good enough, and he's right. Why do you make things up rather than get on with the topic ?