Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

People are only harsh on Edward's because he deliberately goes out of his way to antagonise sections of the fanbase. It'd be easier to let something like this slide if he wasn't acting the twat most of the time.

You mean around 100 people on Twitter? Most of them coming across as illiterate :lol:

Maybe it’s just Twitter. When he speaks on the radio he’s always come across sensible and balanced.

His various articles regarding Bruce this season have been stubbornly ignorant though and play up to the 'over-expectant Geordies' myth.

If you read what I said earlier I said his stance on Bruce aside as he’s become intrenched.

Bruce has only been at the club 2/3 of a season. Luke Edwards has been reporting on us for many years.

Slaying him for everything when ultimately it’s about his stance on Bruce just makes you become the mirror image of the person you are criticising.

I brought up his Bruce coverage in regards to the earlier point of his distasteful habit of goading the fanbase

It's not ultimately about Bruce either, Edwards has reveled in adopting a counter-position throughout this takeover, when discussing the Companies House documents when they first emerged, he was going on and on about how they didn't make any sense

Your last sentence would hold more weight if you hadn't dismissed many of our fans on a social media platform as illiterate.

I find a lot of our fans I come across on social media illiterate or in person embarrassing. We are no different to any other fan base of course. There’s usually more sense in here but we still have our culprits.

Was reading the comments on the 1-4 on YT stream today and I was left wondering if they were from U-16’s. They probably are.

End of the day people like the journalists who tell them what they want to hear more than the ones that don’t. I can’t recall Luke Edwards getting much stick before Bruce arrived. In fact he always seemed to get praise for his Anti-Ashley stance :lol:

When you take a step back and read his articles on the takeover or Tweets he hasn’t said anything that’s been proven incorrect so far. We are still in the dark and officially non the wiser. People getting their knickers in a twist from his tweet and stance tonight I find ridiculous.

Anyone else fucking worn out with this ? :lol:

Yep. Been a mess. A tiring mess.

Imagine the lockdown without it though. Ashley still in charge. Bruce looking safe in his job :lol:

Anyone else f***ing worn out with this ? :lol:

Character building, think as a fan base we’ll all be more street wise and hardened after this.

Got no doubt the s#%t will keep coming after it’s done, but least then it’s done and it’ll be water of a ducks back.

Guest awaymag

Anyone else fucking worn out with this ? :lol:

Yep. Been a mess. A tiring mess.

Actually the only mess has been the media.  If you look at what has actually happen i.e the facts

1)  Papers appeared on Companies House about a deposit in regards to agreement with St James Holding Limited.

2).......actually there is no 2nd fact.

Both the consortium and Ashley have not uttered a word since.

It has been the media that have made it so tiring and has actually shown that

a) A lot of people don't want NUFC to become successful

b) The media aren't really interested in the truth anymore, its all about clicks and what shit they can make up and get away with!

What’s up with everyone? There is literally nothing to worry about... it’s happening. People losing their shit over a meaningless throw away sentence about a subject he clearly wasn’t wanting to talk about publicly.

He didn't say anything about the whole thing :lol:

'It is what it is' is the only thing I'll take away from it, and I probably shouldn't even take any notice of that.

Guest Butcher

No, not at all. If things were looking bleak, aye, but for the last month it’s been a matter of when, not if.

Character building, think as a fan base we’ll all be more street wise and hardened after this.

Got no doubt the s#%t will keep coming after it’s done, but least then it’s done and it’ll be water of a ducks back.

That’s a good point :thup: Avoid it as much as possible when it does rather than engage.

1. No

2. You're allowed to swear

Back to 1. I really don't understand how you can be worn out by pressing F5 on a couple of websites. It's going to happen and there's zero rush for it to go through as things stand.

Guest Carrick18

This is how I see it too.

I see Luke Edwards is out in force again. He's the Robbie Savage of writing. It's not about quality, it's about being on the pitch running around.

I think he asks him two questions for which the same answer applies. He's never going to discuss either topic in public. He'd only discuss the strength of the F&PP test AFTER they'd managed any reforms.

He has to ask it, but another poor showing from Roan.

This is how I see it too.

I see Luke Edwards is out in force again. He's the Robbie Savage of writing. It's not about quality, it's about being on the pitch running around.

I think he asks him two questions for which the same answer applies. He's never going to discuss either topic in public. He'd only discuss the strength of the F&PP test AFTER they'd managed any reforms.

He has to ask it, but another poor showing from Roan.

That Savage comparison is both savage and incredible. Top work :thup:

Guest godzilla

Anything happened today? I don’t really check the thread at the weekend

Either nothing or we could be waiting a good while still - depending on interpretation.

Guest godzilla

Just listened to the interview again to be sure on my original thoughts; and to me it's about the D&O test he is talking about and mentions (confidential discussions on future changes with the issues raised) after the second question and not the takeover. The takeover is answered in the first question.

Just read back.

With things like this and caulkin’s tweets People are gonna drive themselves demented the way they try and read into every word reported.

It’s going to be done. It’ll be done when it’s done. Just need to be patient

Guest Howaythetoon

Next week will be the week, obviously I’m hoping for a 3.00pm Friday announcement...

As far as I’m concerned the PL checks are done and have been passed, the money has been transferred to 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐲 and now the powers that be are all preparing their PR for an official announcement. Eid is tomorrow (UK), I expect this to be confirmed and day Monday week.

I’m 100% positive it’s done and dusted either way!

Roan replied to a few tonight saying he reckons the deal will go through.

No idea if that's inside info or just his hunch.

I think most if not all journalists realise that it’s more likely to happen than not.

Some of them will still be asking questions about it, some of it will be for clickbait, but some will have genuine concerns and are asking a genuine question plenty of people are asking. Make no mistake there’s going to be plenty of fans of other clubs asking this exact question, and a lot of our fans would as well if it wasn’t us being taken over. There’s also going to be a lot of Karens out there who are asking the question, and I guess the press ultimately have to ask that question.

It’s not nice for us sat here waiting for it to go through and be confirmed, but it will happen both before the takeover, and honestly for as long as we are relevant whilst they own us.