Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

Luke Edwards trying to put a pisser on it tonight.

Can't understand why he's crying on, his own colleague at The Telegraph has written a high-profile article just the other day, stating the deal is expected to conclude next week  :lol:

The article actually says the checks are complete.

And Jason Burt has been spot on all the way.

Yeah he has, it’s just a strange interview from him to say no comment in the first thing and then imply checks are still ongoing in the next sentence.

He hasn't implied the checks are still ongoing, he has implied that they will deal with the issues around the takeover when it's publicly complete, I.E. they have a statement stating why they accepted it or say they'll change the rules.

Have to disagree, he is asked about the human rights issues and he says they will deal with them issues confidentially when they get to them.

That doesn’t suggest releasing any sort of statement. That wouldn’t be confidential.

What you're suggesting though is that they have not even started the test then.

Not saying they haven’t started the test, just they haven’t got to the human rights issues yet, he is asked about piracy first and literally makes no comment on it, then when asked about human rights he says they will deal with the issues confidentially when they get to them.

Human rights has no part in the D&O test so no certainly don't agree with that mind and they have already replied twice ion letters basically stating that.

I’m not trying to be negative at all btw, I’m just saying how that interview sounded to me.

No I know, but, as I said the Human Right's issue is not part of the D&O Test. I personally think you reading too much into it as he couldn't say the tests had been completed anyway.

Yeah, assuming the human rights issues have no impact on the D&O tests, which it appears they don't, doesn't mean they aren't going to discuss it afterwards with any interested parties. He may just be referring to these conversations....there is already talk of them tweaking the tests going forward.

People are only harsh on Edward's because he deliberately goes out of his way to antagonise sections of the fanbase. It'd be easier to let something like this slide if he wasn't acting the twat most of the time.

Coming close to Sunday, expect more shit from the press!

Aye, letters, it’s being delayed, hasn’t started the process, Ashley getting impatient, buyers getting impatient. All that shite will be coming our way.

People are only harsh on Edward's because he deliberately goes out of his way to antagonise sections of the fanbase. It'd be easier to let something like this slide if he wasn't acting the twat most of the time.

He aims it at all the fans. It’s just that a lot of us are wise enough to not believe a word he says.

Guest godzilla

People are only harsh on Edward's because he deliberately goes out of his way to antagonise sections of the fanbase. It'd be easier to let something like this slide if he wasn't acting the t*** most of the time.

It's all the time also. Personally I think he is an absolute cunt and very poor journalist. Each to their own as they say though.

Guest awaymag

easy way to deal with it is look at all the papers that have said

a) Its done

b) We are talking to X player

c) We are talking to Y manager

They are literally just writing anything in the face of having no information.  With the takeover due to go ahead in the next week, this is their last chance to stir the pot.   

Buckle up, its going to get bumpy!

You mean around 100 people on Twitter? Most of them coming across as illiterate :lol:

Maybe it’s just Twitter. When he speaks on the radio he’s always come across sensible and balanced.

You mean around 100 people on Twitter? Most of them coming across as illiterate :lol:

Maybe it’s just Twitter. When he speaks on the radio he’s always come across sensible and balanced.

His various articles regarding Bruce this season have been stubbornly ignorant though and play up to the 'over-expectant Geordies' myth.

His various articles regarding Bruce this season have been stubbornly ignorant though and play up to the 'over-expectant Geordies' myth.

If you read what I said earlier I said his stance on Bruce aside as he’s become intrenched.

Bruce has only been at the club 2/3 of a season. Luke Edwards has been reporting on us for many years.

Slaying him for everything when ultimately it’s about his stance on Bruce just makes you become the mirror image of the person you are criticising.

I used to like Edwards, he's not a bad reporter usually, but the whole Bruce debacle was something else, he was being deliberately obtuse to cause arguments and defend his friend. He got what he deserved with that.

Which is what Luke Edwards is alluding to (and the way I read it originally). People are far to harsh on him in here. He’s become intrenched over Bruce I agree but in general he’s ok.

I don’t read his articles but on Twitter he’s far from ”ok”. You get the impression he knows nothing at all. Just stirring shit and hunting clicks.

For a bbc journalist that was far from balanced questioning, I can accept he had to ask the question it’s his job. However, where was a question such as nufc fans have been waiting 6 weeks for the outcome of this test, they’ve had 13 years under an unpopular owner, can you give a timescale when they’ll know the outcome.

Clearly it would be a no comment answer, but his other questions were guaranteed no comment answers.

So for people who say where paranoid the world is agains us, interviews like this certainly add to that feeling.

Mind it will make it all the more enjoyable when it goes through.

Which is what Luke Edwards is alluding to (and the way I read it originally). People are far to harsh on him in here. He’s become intrenched over Bruce I agree but in general he’s ok.

I don’t read his articles but on Twitter he’s far from ”ok”. You get the impression he knows nothing at all. Just stirring shit and hunting clicks.

I get the impression he see’s Twitter for what it is which is generally moronic and doesn’t take it too serious. Certainly where football is concerned.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

He's a cunt and no journalist.

For a bbc journalist that was far from balanced questioning, I can accept he had to ask the question it’s his job. However, where was a question such as nufc fans have been waiting 6 weeks for the outcome of this test, they’ve had 13 years under an unpopular owner, can you give a timescale when they’ll know the outcome.

Clearly it would be a no comment answer, but his other questions were guaranteed no comment answers.

So for people who say where paranoid the world is agains us, interviews like this certainly add to that feeling.

Mind it will make it all the more enjoyable when it goes through.

It isn't the world is against us, but can totally agree interviews with questioning like this and little balance fuel that feeling. There are certainly a hell of a lot more people that don't want this, than those that do.

Almost as if his step up to the Telegraph hasn't been what he had expected it to be.

I bet he's like Veronica Corningstone in the Anchorman when he's in office. Constantly asking the lead editor for better stories whilst Jason Burt and the boys get all the juicy scoops

Problem is people follow news on here of every single tweet which says everything and all contradict each other, rather than taking a deep breath and only trusting anything that appears in a reputable paper/website which doesn't just say 'according to reports on the internet this may have happened'.  We're all checking all teh time and it's easy to get excited. All signs point to it likely happening.  All the journos (some do like riling up a bit sure) can say is it's not definite cos they don't know. Caulkin or whatever may have been told it's done by one source but he could feel that say Staverley saying that 'unofficially' is not enough to report it's done, because it isn't. I imagine the premier league will approve it, will probably send it to the members of the league privately. That will leak. The money transfer will complete and the official confirmation will come then. They will use the gap between the approval and the money transfer to prepare any extra publicity material about it and officially sound out managers on off chance they can announce that at same time.

If you read what I said earlier I said his stance on Bruce aside as he’s become intrenched.

Bruce has only been at the club 2/3 of a season. Luke Edwards has been reporting on us for many years.

Slaying him for everything when ultimately it’s about his stance on Bruce just makes you become the mirror image of the person you are criticising.

I brought up his Bruce coverage in regards to the earlier point of his distasteful habit of goading the fanbase

It's not ultimately about Bruce either, Edwards has reveled in adopting a counter-position throughout this takeover, when discussing the Companies House documents when they first emerged, he was going on and on about how they didn't make any sense

Your last sentence would hold more weight if you hadn't dismissed many of our fans on a social media platform as illiterate.