England

Yorkie

Both KI and IC are remarkably consistent in their argument here like :lol:

Even Rebic's comment is stolen almost word for word from Lascelles :lol:

Tbf not that consistent as I'll admit to being wrong to a degree in terms of the Croatian player's comments. At least Lascelles was using the interview to constantly come back to us/his team & how we played, where as some of the Croatian comments were seemingly exclusively centred around talking about the opposition which I don't really like that much (unless they've been misquoted/taken out of context).

Guest firetotheworks

"I want you to get these English fucks where they breathe! I want you to find these nancy-boys, I want them DEAD! I want their families DEAD! I want their houses burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON THEIR ASHES!

"What did they do?"

"Their media dared to suggest that we might be more tired than them because we played more minutes and then they DARED to say that they player better football now"

"So a completely justified outburst then."

Guest firetotheworks

"Consider winning" is so funny man :lol:

:lol: who was that again? Summat about pro evo wasnt it?

Click on the quote above and it'll take you to the full thing.

I also really like how he mentions a German banner saying "Underzing Helga Wierdenbrif" something I assumed was actually German, but when you Google it, it just brings up every time it's been mention on here. :lol:

"Consider winning" is so funny man :lol:

:lol: who was that again? Summat about pro evo wasnt it?

Click on the quote above and it'll take you to the full thing.

I also really like how he mentions a German banner saying "Underzing Helga Wierdenbrif" something I assumed was actually German, but when you Google it, it just brings up every time it's been mention on here. :lol:

:lol: Inspired

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if it wasn't sung tongue in cheek... Did I miss the meeting that decided football songs have to be based in 100% fact? ???

What has pleased me with our own fans and media has been the lack of hyperbole one way or another. My mate the other day said he was disappointed by the reaction after beating Sweden, he thought a bigger song and dance should have been made about it. I was quite happy it was kind of low key. The manager and players especially have been very professional and humble which I think the nation and media have fed off.

When the dust has settled though, I do fear the media stoking the flames of expectations to heights that are simply not compatible with the New England if you like and hope it doesn’t derail any progress. That said, if you want to be champions, you have to deal with pressure, criticism and expectations.

We can all accept thought that England teams, managers and players of the past leading up to a major tournament have been unfairly compromised by outside expectations, pressure and criticism which like penalty shoot outs and the Germans weighted us down massively.

Hopefully what seems like a fresh start and a common understanding and bond can continue. I think for fans, everyone has had enough of the old England and really taken to Southgate and the players like NUFC fans have with Rafa and our lot, accepting that it’s more about having a team that tries and that we can be proud of.

Despite speaking utter shite (I assumed purposefully) for like 90% of his posts Jotenko would come out with some gold every so often. Is the gif still around?

He was an incredibly odd bloke like. Kept posting pictures of himself on trains and just walking around the place while Portugal were playing massive games in the last Euros [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

It's one of the few things from on here that I've brought up irl like. It's proper funny.

Even if it wasn't sung tongue in cheek... Did I miss the meeting that decided football songs have to be based in 100% fact? ???

What has pleased me with our own fans and media has been the lack of hyperbole one way or another. My mate the other day said he was disappointed by the reaction after beating Sweden, he thought a bigger song and dance should have been made about it. I was quite happy it was kind of low key. The manager and players especially have been very professional and humble which I think the nation and media have fed off.

When the dust has settled though, I do fear the media stoking the flames of expectations to heights that are simply not compatible with the New England if you like and hope it doesn’t derail any progress. That said, if you want to be champions, you have to deal with pressure, criticism and expectations.

We can all accept thought that England teams, managers and players of the past leading up to a major tournament have been unfairly compromised by outside expectations, pressure and criticism which like penalty shoot outs and the Germans weighted us down massively.

Hopefully what seems like a fresh start and a common understanding and bond can continue. I think for fans, everyone has had enough of the old England and really taken to Southgate and the players like NUFC fans have with Rafa and our lot, accepting that it’s more about having a team that tries and that we can be proud of.

I think there are mistakes we absolutely have to acknowledge and learn from if we want to become serious contenders, in spite of us exceeding all expectations this year. This tournament could be a valuable learning experience for this team. We still need to develop that winning mentality and learn how to be ruthless and put games to bed. It's the same problem that has haunted us for decades.

We can definitely be proud of a young England side reaching the World Cup semi-final as they've given us a few gems that we'll never forget. The record win, the penalty shoot-out win, Kane potentially taking the Golden Boot are all things we can look back on with pride. As it has been said there's a renewed passion and enthusiasm towards international football again that I think has been missing for a long time, definitely for me personally. There's a sense of pride in the England team again, and maybe from this point on there will be less of a collective groan when an international break rolls around. However this World Cup will ultimately go down as a major opportunity missed because Croatia were absolutely there for the taking in that first half.

One of the alarming factors of our run in the tournament has been wasting priceless chances in the first half before sitting back, inviting pressure in the second, and allowing the opposition back into the game. Strike 1 was Tunisia, and strike 2 was Colombia. Strike 3 has sent us packing with a bit of a whimper. Croatia had winners in their squad, they had more experience and were able to put us under pressure by implementing more width and not being afraid to press forward, but they could and should have been out of the running by this point. This is where Southgate has to also take a few things on board in my opinion, because we had no reply when we were under heavy pressure. No plan B, right down to the substitutions. It was 3-5-2, Sterling and Lingard starting, Dier comes on at 80 minutes, or bust. It felt a little formulaic at times and started to feel like places weren't being awarded on merit. Maybe it sounds harsh of me to say but I don't think Lingard and Sterling offered enough to justify starting every single game. The high-pressure games were crying out for the likes of Vardy and Loftus-Cheek to be introduced (Vardy sooner than he was as he made a big difference against Colombia with his work rate and ability to create chances). Loftus-Cheek offered a good physical presence in the time he was given and it could have worked in our favor when the going got tough.

Was Perisic's goal a shot or a finish, btw?

Either way it should have been disallowed. Far too casual of a finish for me.

Twats like you are thinking that you're embarrassing me with this 'casual' shit. (and it truly is a shit joke perpetuated by sados .)

But you're not embarrassing me in the least :lol:. I actually take pleasure from it because it reminds me that weak shits like you wouldn't actually dare to do that to someone's face constantly.

Yeah, Perez's touch was casual, it was bit lucky that it went in. (But you stick to your comfort and conformity zone and I'll post what I like)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be reporting this to the police tomorrow morning.