Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I could listen to him all day!

His passion and enthusiasm for NUFC and the city is 2nd to none. He loves the fans.

The Shearer signing was the easiest he made! He had met Taggart the previous day and the deal was done in 20 minutes! Shearer's only question was to wear the number 9! We had to pay the £15m up front plus a levy of 12 %. The flotation and people behind the scenes changing him was the reason he left.

He didn't like the England job at all.

On the 2nd spell as manager - "I met Ashley - thought this could be good but no, it was a nightmare"

It's fair to say he detests him along with Wise, Llambias and Jiminez.

"I wasn't taking the club to court it was those lot and it was something I didn't like to do"

Lot of dishonesty and bull about bidding for players

He mentioned he reads forums!

2 cracking interviews them!

:smitten:

Guest Haris Vuckic

We all hate the owners and know we're being used blah blah blah.

Mid August...

BAM

52'000 fans in new replica shirts they kicked off about on the internet.

If i suddenly became a billionaire and decided to buy the club I would have a chat with Keegan and if we could agree on how things should be he would be manager right away.

I thing he's a legend but I don't understand this business of wishing he was still in charge now. He did superb for us but his time is past.

Probably because he pisses all over our current manager in every managerial department. Plus he has a genuine love for the club, which aside from Sir Bobby, nobody has really since Joe Harvey, maybe I'm being harsh on Willie McFaul there mind.

I thing he's a legend but I don't understand this business of wishing he was still in charge now. He did superb for us but his time is past.

Main reason for me is that I'd love to see how a massively attack minded manager would have us set up with the current crop.

I'd rather Keegan be part of the board level setup in some sort of role than back in management to be honest. If we were to ever have new ownership, I'd love to see Keegan in a senior-executive type role where he assists in the marketing, public relations, and overall vision and focus of the club. He obviously has a brain for that sort from that first stint and would be an asset in those regards. To the extent he also assists a Chief Executive/Chairman (who is a football man), that would be something I'd welcome as well.

For me, his time in management is over - and I'd rather see him higher up with us.

I'd rather Keegan be part of the board level setup in some sort of role than back in management to be honest. If we were to ever have new ownership, I'd love to see Keegan in a senior-executive type role where he assists in the marketing, public relations, and overall vision and focus of the club. He obviously has a brain for that sort from that first stint and would be an asset in those regards. To the extent he also assists a Chief Executive/Chairman (who is a football man), that would be something I'd welcome as well.

For me, his time in management is over - and I'd rather see him higher up with us.

Definitely man. He relates to fans too on a level that is rare in football these days, he doesn't forget his roots.

You'd actually want Keegan involved in the board setup if you were the common fan. You'd trust him (with the right ownership and chairman) that he'd be a voice of reason and wouldn't allow for complacency. He'd make sure our club were making in-roads all over the world in terms of marketing and publicity as well as a s*** season like last wouldn't be something he'd sit around and be OK with.

Also, we would never have this atrocity of a kit if he was still around. :lol:

imo it's because he embodies everything that Newcastle is about. Passionate and a heart on his sleeve type bloke - if a little foolish. Exactly how Newcastle should be. We may have blown the league all them years back but I can't remember being more excited supporting the club, it eclipses Robsons era for me.

Now it's the total opposite - an apathetic attitude filtering from the stands which mainly stems from the fact that the fans feel they can't win this battle with Ashley, if they complain he'll only go and pull off another stunt in his own idiosyncratic bitter way.

The nostalgic feelings of wanting him back is testament the current drivel and sheer bullshit we a drip fed by the board. We're called United for a reason.

Forget the fact we played mint football under him, the main thing for me is he got a Newcastle team giving it their all for us lot. That's all I want to see on the pitch. That's why I can't stand the defeatist attitude of the current nimrod in charge.

I fucking love him. Absolute hero. I don't mean this in any negative way towards Sir Bobby who done wonders for this club, but if you're talking about building statues at SJP, Kevin Keegan should have been ahead in the queue, he deserves a statue for what he done for our club.