Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I absolutely adore Kevin Keegan, those who don't I would suggest aren't old enough to remember what the man has done for us.  Without him there is no way we would ever be regarded as one of the bigger names in English football, absolutely no way.

Although it ended on a sour note, he did a great job during his second stint here.  Allardyce had left us playing shit ugly football heading for relegation.  Keegan came in, changed the style and we suffered some heavy defeats but he stuck to his guns and we comfortably survived in the end playing the most enjoyable football we've played since Robson.  He also managed to deploy Owen, Martins and Viduka in the same team effectively.

So he's saved us from doom twice really, although the second time he kind of just postponed it.

The bit in bold for me does it, how people can claim he doesn't know what he's doing is bizarre! (Not saying people on here btw, just I have heard it :lol:)

It always puzzles me when people come out with this stuff saying we'd never have been relegated with Allardyce in charge, as if sacking him was to blame for us going down 18 months later. We'd also have never gone down with Keegan in charge and would in fact have made good progress under him, I've blocked it out of my mind a bit now but I do feel cheated that his 2nd managerial stint was cut short. I see no reason why he couldn't have worked alongside someone reputable like Carr, but we weren't that far along yet so that muppet Wise was signing a shit striker to replace an effective winger basically behind the manager's back. Llambias is always keen to give himself a pat on the back these days but he has a lot to answer for including sowing the seeds of our relegation with his horrible behaviour.

It always puzzles me when people come out with this stuff saying we'd never have been relegated with Allardyce in charge, as if sacking him was to blame for us going down 18 months later. We'd also have never gone down with Keegan in charge and would in fact have made good progress under him, I've blocked it out of my mind a bit now but I do feel cheated that his 2nd managerial stint was cut short. I see no reason why he couldn't have worked alongside someone reputable like Carr, but we weren't that far along yet so that muppet Wise was signing a shit striker to replace an effective winger basically behind the manager's back. Llambias is always keen to give himself a pat on the back these days but he has a lot to answer for including sowing the seeds of our relegation with his horrible behaviour.

Amazing how this idea persists. Keegan approved the signing of the shit striker. He walked when a midfield player was brought in on loan.

Keegan's second stint felt so surreal to me. It never really sank in that he was our manager again until it was too late :(

Keegan shouldn't have been allowed within a million miles of NUFC. It was a decision made by Ashley designed to placate the more basic of our support. I also believe Keegans motive was to avoid financial meltdown. He never looked happy from day 1.

Keegan's second stint felt so surreal to me. It never really sank in that he was our manager again until it was too late :(

Keegan shouldn't have been allowed within a million miles of NUFC. It was a decision made by Ashley designed to placate the more basic of our support. I also believe Keegans motive was to avoid financial meltdown. He never looked happy from day 1.

What a pile of tosh.

What a pile of tosh.

"A disaster waiting to happen." was how I described it at the time. It was.

Both Harmison and Keegans lack of knowledge of our games got on my nerves.

KK thought his first game in charge was against Swindon not Bristol City.

Harmison thought we'd beaten Bristol City not Leicester in the final game of the 91/92 season to survive in the 2nd division.

Harmison thought the final game of the 92/93 season was pay on the gate with thousands locked out of the Gallowgate End.

Details such as this being wrong just annoy the fuck out of me.

Amazing how this idea persists. Keegan approved the signing of the shit striker. He walked when a midfield player was brought in on loan.

Small details, same end result. I remember Keegan justifying the Milner sale and would imagine he was very disappointed with us not adequately replacing him and going into the season light in wing positions.

What a pile of tosh.

"A disaster waiting to happen." was how I described it at the time. It was.

A disaster from the Ashley and Wise side of things, as proven in a court of law.

A disaster for NUFC, which is the only thing I give a s*** about.

Jesus wept

Even if he did, I'm fairly sure it wasn't related to KK's disastrous second coming.

I'm not arguing with a stand up comic so that's me away

Fantastic interview. I could listen to him all day.

The passion still shines through so much.

Can't wait for next week's edition. I think we might find out the odd thing about MA and DL

If you could combine him and Pardew you'd have a brilliant manager IMO. What Keegan lacks Pardew has and vice versa. They seem extreme opposites of each other to me.

Guest Howaythetoon

If you could combine him and Pardew you'd have a brilliant manager IMO. What Keegan lacks Pardew has and vice versa. They seem extreme opposites of each other to me.

Eh? There is nothing remotely good about Pardew whatsoever. He has nowt that KK lacks, not a thing.

Eh? There is nothing remotely good about Pardew whatsoever. He has nowt that KK lacks, not a thing.

He has a willingness to not resign, unfortunately.