Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

We haven't actually sold anyone of any note since Carroll.

Ba was unavoidable really. We agreed that clause because we didn't want to pay him excessive wages. its doubtful we would have signed him without the clause.

Not overly concerned with losing players this summer. The Carroll deal works for us in that Llambias and Ashley now won't accept anything less than ridiculous fees.

What Keegan means is probably that we are a selling club in the sense that we WOULD sell a player who is rated as one of our best - like Cabaye or Krul, for example whereas clubs like Arsenal and the Manchester clubs only sell their top players under real duress, as with RVP last summer.

If the right offer came along it is hard to see Ashley resisting a bid for any of our best players and it is hard to see the likes of Cabaye refusing a move to Man U, for example.

As long as we are a club that doesn't win trophies we WILL be a selling club along with most of the PL below the Top 6 - top clubs do sell decent players but only when it suits them - not the player or the buying club unless tha player's contract is close to ending and he refuses to stay - like Ba.

Its a fact of life in the modern PL.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

A love KK but that's a shit name for a product.

Its not his business either, although its his idea, as I now someone involved in this somewhat.

He's right mind, the best way to develop the weaker foot is kicking a ball off a wall. I started out right-footed, today I'm stronger on my left because I used to practice hours on end every day. I know Man Utd have some kind of 'wall' coaching aid thing so they obviously see something in it too.

But howay Kev "Sokka"?! :lol: