Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest bimpy474

What he says there about Ba and giving him security in his deal, that's nonsense that like. Ba was on a free and no doubt having a clause was one of the reasons why he signed for us. This selling club stuff is shite like. Since getting back up we have sold Carroll for mental money and Ba because of the reasons above. Not sure that is a selling cub like.

If we get a mad offer of course we would sell, but then so would 99% of the Premiership. KK makes is sound like we have sold numerous players and will sell loads more this summer.

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle are a selling club - they sold two players :lol:

That's why it makes the article look bitter, there's no facts to back him up.

Ba didn't want the security in his deal, he wanted the opportunity to move on for next to nothing compared to his actual ability. But thanks for that, Kevin. Top bloke.

No.... he wanted to play for a club that have high standards and actually give winning trophies a real go.

Nah I don't believe that at all. You could tell he loved his time here and whenever he's interviewed he says nothing but positivity towards us.

No.... he wanted to play for a club that have high standards and actually give winning trophies a real go.

Nah I don't believe that at all. You could tell he loved his time here and whenever he's interviewed he says nothing but positivity towards us.

So? I'm sure that Ba did enjoy his time, but so what? It doesn't void my point.

In fact, if you think back to Ba's comments upon signing for Chelsea ("I've made it"), you could see that they guy is hugely ambitious and wanted to sign for a top club that have a genuine chance of winning something.

It doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't enjoy his time here or thought of us negatively.

No I think he wanted to go somewhere that would give him the pay packet that he had always wanted.

probably his only big chance 99.9% of people would have taken in honesty.

Guest fraser

And a billionaire owner, ffs.

Guest hobshobs

Huh, we kinda ARE a selling cub, arent we???

Unfortunately we are and even more unfortunate is the fact that we sell our best players and keep the s*** for years and years ala s*** Shola.

The King's talking rubbish here like, we're no more a selling club than any other outside the elite and super-rich.  Can't really blame him for being bitter about Ashley tbf.

Still a total legend, adore him.

Guest hobshobs

Selling club how? Demba Ba we could do nothing about, Carroll was a ridiculous transfer and we replaced Enrique well.

But, all three were SOLD so we are a selling club.

Selling club how? Demba Ba we could do nothing about, Carroll was a ridiculous transfer and we replaced Enrique well.

But, all three were SOLD so we are a selling club.

We are also a buying club, we operate in the transfer market just like every other club.

A good example of a selling club in the last few years are Arsenal. We have sold 3 first 11 players in 2 years, I think it's normal.