Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I agree his work should be celebrated, who knows if I'd be as big a fan as I am without the furore around our promotion season and "entertainers" tag.

Saying that, I don't agree with the endless posts about how amazing a team we'd be if he was at the helm now, nor do I agree that we looked like an amazing side in his short, rather disastrous second coming. I don't believe KK was ever really cut out for the big, high pressure jobs, and I think that's only got worse over time.

Anyway, more importantly, Happy Birthday Mr Kevin.

What was so fuckin' disasterous about Newcastle being saved from possible relegation by KK after watching the awful sh*te served up by big fat hippo heads downwardly mobile team.

The appointment of the idiotic JFK and having a team full of money grabbing faint hearts like Owen, Viduka, Geremi and Duff were the reason we went down.

Disasterous second coming of Keegan my arse. Wake up man!  :D

Agree totally.

• 1 month later...
Guest pintofscottsellers

Been reading his comments about the derby today, love Kev like, always have and always will.

Guest Roger Kint

Been reading his comments about the derby today, love Kev like, always have and always will.

His usual dig at Ashley will go down well with some on here.

Keegan: NUFC are now a selling club – I expect them to lose some star names

12 Apr 2013 10:28

Kevin Keegan has revealed his concern that Newcastle United could lose some of their main stars again this summer.

The ex-United boss fears that more could follow the path of Demba Ba – who quit the Magpies for Chelsea last January – and he has underlined the importance of his former chief scout at Manchester City Graham Carr.

But in a summer when Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheick Tiote and Fabricio Coloccini are all likely to be linked with moves, Keegan said: “Some will move on and I think that’s what Newcastle want.

“I think they are a selling club.

“They didn’t give Ba the sort of security in his deal.

“I think they are going to move players on and if they can keep Graham Carr and he can keep finding them,  I don’t think the Geordies care whose name is on the back as long as they come and play well and give their all.”

And Keegan was quick to heap praise on close pal and former scout at City Carr.

He said: “I know Graham Carr very well.

“I employed him at Man City.  He knows the French league.

“It’s a good policy because they get really good quality players in who just need to prove themselves in the Premier League.”

Keegan has been out of football since quitting Newcastle in 2008.

When asked his plans for the future, he simply said: “I just live my life.  I just enjoy it.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-keegan-nufc-now-selling-2587904

Guest Roger Kint

I just read about the derby in a different link, didn't see the selling club etc.

I was the other way round, was only when you said it i checked for the other