Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Minhosa :thup:

Also about his 2nd stint, am i the only one who feels he was starting to get us on the right track and don't think it was a disastrous at all?

Anyway Happy Birthday KK, the man who was the reason i feel in love with this club to begin with. :thup:

http://ezrahub.com/board/img/1356922838875.jpg

Also about his 2nd stint, am i the only one who feels he was starting to get us on the right track and don't think it was a disastrous at all?

Anyway Happy Birthday KK, the man who was the reason i feel in love with this club to begin with. :thup:

Of course he was, I thought that was fairly universally accepted given how blindingly obvious it was.

I thought so. We'd never have been relegated with him in charge.

Don't think it's unfair to acknowledge the importance of what he did the first time while also recognizing that the second time was a bit of a mess for all parties involved.

Happy birthday. I certainly know I wouldn't have ever become a fan without him.

Of course he was, I thought that was fairly universally accepted given how blindingly obvious it was.

Yeah :lol:

I think that's literally the opinion of everyone on the planet.

Anything else is revisionist tripe IMO, the start was a mess and the departure was a mess but howay.  Coming from people who've watched some of the God-awful football we've played down the years, to call his whole 2nd stint shite or whatever is mental and can't be down to anything other than a grudge or some strange bitterness at not being there the first time around.

Not sure anyone said it was shite. It showed promise when compared to the shite who came before him/after him, but it was a very short amount of time, and far too short to be saying we'd be tearing the league apart, or "guaranteeing" we'd not get relegated with KK at the helm.

Guest chicken little

i think at the time we were in such a state that mourinho possessed by the spirit of rinus michels would have struggled. a bit like liverpool over the last couple of years, there were problems that went deeper than just the coach.

not a good time to judge a coach on positively or negatively and (as semtex notes) a short amount of time and all.

After the first 10 or so games we got good results playing some excellent football until the end of the season.  We then started the next season very well, other than a 3-0 loss at Arsenal.  Not sure what else you expected from him, we were clearly making progress.

I don't think Keegan would object to the likes of Anita, Sissoko etc being signed just like he didn't have a problem with Jonas/Coloccini BUT Xisco and Nacho was a problem

According to the tribunal, it was Nacho that was the problem. Xisco never got a mention.

Before the tribunal, it was assumed that Xisco was the problem because it was naturally assumed that a manager would be far more inclined to quit over a major signing than a minor loan deal.

The Xisco idea has survived because it casts Keegan in a better light. Stop it, people.

Guest icemanblue

The 'minor loan deal' we made as a favour to a South American agent, yeah? Nothing to worry about, that one.

Great post, Minhosa. Very well put. Some points in that post that are entirely lost on young lads from Ireland.

That the tribunal that found completely in favour of Keegan? Just checking.

Slightly overplaying it there. The only actual conclusion it came to was that the club was inconsistent in its portrayal of who had the final say on transfers and had failed to provide anything other than 'profoundly unsatisfactory' explanations. In the end they certainly didn't side with Keegans claim when it came to the amount of damages he was due.

Happy birthday Kev. Cheers for the good (great... actually fuck that, amazing) times. :icon_king: :thup:

The 'minor loan deal' we made as a favour to a South American agent, yeah? Nothing to worry about, that one.

Great post, Minhosa. Very well put. Some points in that post that are entirely lost on young lads from Ireland.

Are you a member of the BNP?

Seems every second post you make is complaining about "foreigners"...

???

Guest icemanblue

Are you a member of the BNP?

Seems every second post you make is complaining about "foreigners"...

???

:lol: Nah, I'm not.

Guest Bert Shaft

I agree his work should be celebrated, who knows if I'd be as big a fan as I am without the furore around our promotion season and "entertainers" tag.

Saying that, I don't agree with the endless posts about how amazing a team we'd be if he was at the helm now, nor do I agree that we looked like an amazing side in his short, rather disastrous second coming. I don't believe KK was ever really cut out for the big, high pressure jobs, and I think that's only got worse over time.

Anyway, more importantly, Happy Birthday Mr Kevin.

What was so fuckin' disasterous about Newcastle being saved from possible relegation by KK after watching the awful sh*te served up by big fat hippo heads downwardly mobile team.

The appointment of the idiotic JFK and having a team full of money grabbing faint hearts like Owen, Viduka, Geremi and Duff were the reason we went down.

Disasterous second coming of Keegan my arse. Wake up man!  :D