Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Happy birthday Special K.

His work with us should be celebrated and not mocked as some of the cretins who post on here do. Outstanding job.

I agree his work should be celebrated, who knows if I'd be as big a fan as I am without the furore around our promotion season and "entertainers" tag.

Saying that, I don't agree with the endless posts about how amazing a team we'd be if he was at the helm now, nor do I agree that we looked like an amazing side in his short, rather disastrous second coming. I don't believe KK was ever really cut out for the big, high pressure jobs, and I think that's only got worse over time.

Anyway, more importantly, Happy Birthday Mr Kevin.

Heard he's just walked out of his birthday party, he's cited differences in opinion on catering and has instructed his lawyers to take legal action against his wife.

;)

Happy birthday Kev :)

(wonder if he's doing our game tonight?)

Heard he's just walked out of his birthday party, he's cited differences in opinion on catering and has instructed his lawyers to take legal action against his wife.

;)

Happy birthday Kev :)

(wonder if he's doing our game tonight?)

Bastard, you've beaten me to it.  :lol:

Simple as his methods were (ie. he'd batter his teams with 5-a-side) the numbers guys/managers could take a leaf out his coaching book. Believes in & is 100% comitted to pass & move football irrespective whether it's his purple 1st team, knows how to coach it, and speaks a football language the players understand (unlike some managers/charlatans whose training week is dominated by the love for & bombardment of the players with stats).

Unashamed admirer. He, understandably, being a football romantic, just lacked the heart to deal with cunts & bullshit artists, namely Corbidge/Llambiarse/Ashley.

Simple as his methods were (ie. he'd batter his teams with 5-a-side) the numbers guys/managers could take a leaf out his coaching book. Believes in & is 100% comitted to pass & move football irrespective whether it's his purple 1st team, knows how to coach it, and speaks a football language the players understand (unlike some managers/charlatans whose training week is dominated by the love for & bombardment of the players with stats).

Made football enjoyable tbh.

Happy birthday Special K.

His work with us should be celebrated and not mocked as some of the cretins who post on here do. Outstanding job.

I agree his work should be celebrated, who knows if I'd be as big a fan as I am without the furore around our promotion season and "entertainers" tag.

Saying that, I don't agree with the endless posts about how amazing a team we'd be if he was at the helm now, nor do I agree that we looked like an amazing side in his short, rather disastrous second coming. I don't believe KK was ever really cut out for the big, high pressure jobs, and I think that's only got worse over time.

Anyway, more importantly, Happy Birthday Mr Kevin.

We may not have been amazing BUT there was a massive improvement (though I guess after the dross Fat Sam dished out it isn't saying much)

It may be cliched BUT I have no doubts with this squad he could do amazing things, that's because he doesn't have a cowardly approach to football

Just a damn shame he couldn't move with the times (and to an extent go against his own values and principles) and accept the hierarchy of a modern day football club.

Kevin Keegan managing this squad would be fantastic to watch, however hardly any of these players would be playing for us as he wouldn't have allowed the board to bring them in.

Wonder if he came in now how it would pan out (a hypothetical scrubbing his second managerial tenure from the books) now Ashley has got past his Wise & DOF stage and everyone knows the current system of recruitment works.

Just a damn shame he couldn't move with the times (and to an extent go against his own values and principles) and accept the hierarchy of a modern day football club.

Kevin Keegan managing this squad would be fantastic to watch, however hardly any of these players would be playing for us as he wouldn't have allowed the board to bring them in.

Wonder if he came in now how it would pan out (a hypothetical scrubbing his second managerial tenure from the books) now Ashley has got past his Wise & DOF stage and everyone knows the current system of recruitment works.

There was nothing modern about having the poisonous dwarf in place

I don't think he would have an issue with the current structure, he wants final say on a transfer and according to Pardew he gets final say on transfers

I don't think he would have an issue with the current structure, he wants final say on a transfer and according to Pardew he gets final say on transfers

Do you really believe Pardew has a final say on transfers?  :lol: Keegan wouldn't put up with that, and we wouldn't have squad we have now. Going in to the future looking at star players he wanted then being told they cost too much, want too much in wages or are too old. Could he cope with that?

He'd have issues with the current structure, but not as many as in the past with the likes of Wise, and why I mentioned it since Ashley has seen past that very expensive blunder, but he would still have to compromise under how we are run now, which I'm not sure he's capable of.

Do you really believe Pardew has a final say on transfers?  :lol: Keegan wouldn't put up with that, and we wouldn't have squad we have now. Going in to the future looking at star players he wanted then being told they cost too much, want too much in wages or are too old. Could he cope with that?

He'd have issues with the current structure, but not as many as in the past with the likes of Wise, and why I mentioned it since Ashley has seen past that very expensive blunder, but he would still have to compromise under how we are run now, which I'm not sure he's capable of.

I don't think players are forced on Pardew, nor do I think Pardew can push forward a deal that Carr doesn't agree to

I don't think Keegan would object to the likes of Anita, Sissoko etc being signed just like he didn't have a problem with Jonas/Coloccini BUT Xisco and Nacho was a problem

The star players he wanted? Do you honestly believe he wanted those players? It smelt like bullshit being spread by Llambias to malign Keegan and it seemed to have worked

Guest Howaythetoon

I remember just before KK took over and at school most of the kids just weren't interested in football or if they were, certainly not NUFC, myself included. This was a new generation of fans the club were seriously going to lose out on, to other clubs or other interests because of just how poor the club was. KK changed all that. Within weeks Keegan mania swept the region and kids were soon going to school talking about one thing and one thing only - Newcastle United. This lead to a whole new generation of fans for the club who today are my age, late 20s early 30s, basically the clubs core support these days.

KK mania overturned a 4m debt to a turnover of 60m within the 5 years of his tenure. No other club, not even Man Utd, has seen such a growth on and off the field and it was mainly all down to KK and his passion for this club. He went the extra mile. He wasn't content with simply being part of things, he wanted this club to be at the top of things, to be the best team full of the best players playing the best football and winning the top honours and he did all but one of those things and even then we went mighty close.

As an individual, I truly believe no single person has put more of himself into this club than KK. No one man has dared to take this club to the very top like he has. When he walked through the door of a then on the verge of relegation and going bust club, he didn't see a run down stadium with failing gates in a hard up city with a piss poor team and a club loaded with debt, he saw a club capable of winning the top-flight and playing amazing football. He believed in this club when no fucker else did not even the fans, and he delivered far more than anyone ever thought possible.

The man is a legend, one of our greatest, and always will be. Happy birthday Kev. I'll drink to you tonight and raise a cheers for instilling in me a love of football and NUFC which will never leave me and be handed down to my son and his kids and their kids and so on and so on and so on. That's his legacy.

Guest chicken little

KK mania overturned a 4m debt to a turnover of 60m within the 5 years of his tenure. No other club, not even Man Utd, has seen such a growth on and off the field and it was mainly all down to KK and his passion for this club.

kk mania, plus a chairman who pumped in millions and rebuilt the stadium. it also helped that in the interim the premier league came into existence and the amount of sky money went through the roof.

i love keegan and all, but come on.