Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

• 11 months later...
Guest chicken little

was thinking about his soccer circus thing today, having found myself reading an old guardian interview from, i think, 2007.

has anybody ever been to it? the one in dubai perhaps? it always sounded a crap non-idea, and a quick look at the website doesn't do much to dispel the idea.

"football-themed visitor attraction"? i actually puked.

so faced with the yawning existential horror of realising that the hero of my childhod years (after pedro, obvs) has his own stake in the conversion of football from athletic contest to entertainment product, and in broader terms cultural genocide on the level of western civilization (the term "visitor attraction" is in itself an abomination, a confession of the places uselessness), i turn to n-o for succour. have you ever been to soccer circus, and was it as fucking shit as it looks?

(bet you thought he'd died, hadn't you?)

We signed colo and jonas without his input and he didn't walk.

You'd be pretty fucking pissed off selling a player like Milner at the end of the transfer window and bringing in a some random player as a fav for agents in South America.

An absolute legend. Can't blame the man in anything he's done, except leaving after his first spell. But even then some of the goings on behind the scenes were probably justified

Him as a manager with todays players. Just imagine for a few seconds.... :smitten:

He would want another striker, but he would make a brilliant side out of the players we have now.

I know what he would do, he would free up Ben Arfa from any defensive duties by playing him further up the pitch.

Maybe off the striker and having constantly running at defenders.

• 2 weeks later...