Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Ive been following toon since the 70s. aside from a couple of seasons under SBR the only time in my lifetime we have been a real force in football, has been under Kevin Keegans management. Why any so-called Newcastle fan would want to mock that is beyond me.

Keegan's management or SJH's abilitly to generate finance?

Ive been following toon since the 70s. aside from a couple of seasons under SBR the only time in my lifetime we have been a real force in football, has been under Kevin Keegans management. Why any so-called Newcastle fan would want to mock that is beyond me.

:thup: :thup:

Usual lot are probably desperate for him to fail should he go there, like they did with Hughton at Birmingham.

Some people get sexual gratification from such mockery.

Loved Sven but KK would be a different level of awesomeness :fwap:

Keegan's management or SJH's abilitly to generate finance?

both, tbh. still the only time in 40 years weve been a real force.......good or bad?

:thup: :thup:

Usual lot are probably desperate for him to fail should he go there, like they did with Hughton at Birmingham.

EthiGeordie?

Too many attention seekers, that's the problem.

The irony in him returning as a director of football.

an honest one- big difference

Ray Wilkins might not share that opinion, from his Fulham days.

This proposal - if true - feels like hedging your bets rather than creating a dream team. It sounds like they're not sure whether Clark is good enough yet.

tbh thats what I think about this, not sure why Clark would go along with it since he'll always have the shadow of Keegan over him

Didn't he say in that old bbc interview with Gabby Logan that the Director of Football role just doesn't work? That was squeezed in between him falling out with Wise here and him moving from the boardroom at Fulham to the dugout when he sacked his 'friend' Ray Wilkins before their play off games.

Don't see why he would do it now and he would be a hypocrite if he did.

Think we can rule this one out like.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7213096.stm

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

I would love to see Keegan back in football but I'd rather he came back as a manager.  I'd even have him back here because in all of the time I've supported the club him and Sir Bobby are the only two managers who have regularly brought us good football and the feeling that we could win any game, regardless of the opposition.

Keegan has his faults but given the right conditions, he's potentially a brilliant manager.

Hope he comes back as manager.

If offered the managerial position, like I've said in NWOAT, I can see Keegan taking it especially if he's given the appropriate resources/money which seems to be so at Leicester.

I think Billy Davies has earned a chance at a club like Leicester.

Keegan has had his chances.

trolling? Billy Davies is a disgraceful little scumbag tbh...i just find him very odious tbh...

I think Billy Davies has earned a chance at a club like Leicester.

Keegan has had his chances.

trolling? Billy Davies is a disgraceful little scumbag tbh...i just find him very odious tbh...

I've no opinion on his personality. He does have a more than decent record as a manager though and deserves the chance to be backed up by a bit of money.

Billy Davies might be a twat but I'll never forget the interview he did with Sky soon after we beat Forest up here to win automatic promotion a couple of years ago. Before even answering the question put to him by the pundit he congratulated us and Hughton and said we'd fully deserved it. Changed my opinion of him tbh.

just found this in his wikipedia;

"In the aftermath of the perjury conviction of his childhood friend, Tommy Sheridan – HM Advocate v Sheridan and Sheridan – Davies was alleged to have taken part in group sex alongside Sheridan, journalist Anvar Khan and Laura Smith. Davies denied the allegations and his wife, Martha, publicly asserted that she believes her husband "100%". He strenuously denied the allegation"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...