Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I was watching Zoggy's interview on this earlier and they asked him what did he think about keegans appointment and he replies with " I hope we can go 1st... I mean obv not first of the prem, but up the top" Keegan fever has hit him aswell as the fans  ;D

Guest LucaAltieri

I am ready to be laughed at because this is probably the stupidest question asked on here....

Has Keegan actually got his coaching badges ?

Badges smadges. He's got his own blimmin' football circus.

Wow 125 people are gutted KK is back to help us out of a hole for a while.  Jesus wept.

Who did you expect or want to turn up?

I meant to vote overjoyed, clicked on gutted, and had already pressed submit by the time I realised the mouse had just checked the wrong option.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:opPdEwqCq_bf9M:http://www.womenstand.com/cnb/shop/the-womens-stand%3FimageID%3D5931%26op%3DimgLib-viewImage

I am ready to be laughed at because this is probably the stupidest question asked on here....

Has Keegan actually got his coaching badges ?

I think he was managing at the time of the Badges Rule, which made him exempt from the rule as long as he attended a short course.

I'm puzzled by the way some people go on about him. Fair enough, I can understand folk having reservations (I'd have said "no chance" a year ago) but "average manager"? "Step backwards"? He's not Glenn Roeder ffs. How many other managers can claim to have lead one of the world's most competitive leagues for 35 games right from day one? He didn't win it, but for one or two tiny bits of luck in certain games he would have.

You'd think he was Steve McClaren the way some of you wail. I love the "he was shit with England" comparisons too - probably from the same people bumming Sven without a hint of irony.

Wullie, honestly man, the world has changed and so has football since then. The Prem was not even near the best league in the world in 96. Its only recently that we've been able to claim that.

For the record, i'll support Kev to the hilt but i am worried about this.

I appreciate that but it hasn't changed THAT much. That Man Utd team was excellent - Schmeichel, Neville, Keane, Cole, Giggs, Beckham, Cantona amongst them - great players then and players who would still be some of the best in Europe now and we were better than them that season overall, I don't care what anyone says. KK spent money but even then, to come from the brink of relegation to the 3rd tier of English fotball to 3rd in the Premiership in two and half seasons was phenomenal, especially when we'd not spent that much by that point. I'll also say that Keegan suffered from the rule change re: the Champions League. His Newcastle team would have given some of the best teams in Europe a bloody good game if given the opportunity.

I'm not blinkered enough to think that everything's going to be alright now and we're going to steamroller teams all of a sudden, but neither am I going to complain that the man who brought this club to within a Peter Schmeichel save of winning the title is back. For now, just his presence is enough to tear ourselves from the apathy that we've been wallowing in for far too long, that much was obvious last night, even from players who've never met the man, and other than pipe dreams, none of the other candidates seemed to stand out for me.

Guest optimistic nit

i think its a poor appointment, but it may make sense from a business sense (getting the boo boys on board) and keegan is not a bad manager. the premierleague is different but that does not mean keegan is out of his depth. whatever happens now, it means change for the toon. either keegan performs or the sack the gaffer lot have to accept they are wrong.

Just been through the Keegan videos on Youtube - "the keegan times" and "the entertainers"

If the football gets anywhere close to that, we'll be in heaven. Scored 5 in the second half vs Spuds that time, (and everyone thought it was amazing manu did 6 last week) then theres the Man U games and more.

Over the moon, feel pride to put the shirt on again, after 3-4yrs of fucking shite.

I'll also say that Keegan suffered from the rule change re: the Champions League. His Newcastle team would have given some of the best teams in Europe a bloody good game if given the opportunity.

We were mullered by Monaco in the UEFA Cup. Doesnt disprove what youve just said, because iirc we had no strikers fit for the game and Lee/Beardo had to play up front whilst this was at a time when Gillespie was still out and hence the team was struggling due to an imbalance and a lack of depth. Im only mentioning it because its an example of how average our backline was, which is supposedly a myth.

Stop me if you think you've heard this before:

Steve schardenfreude

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has been commenting on the news of Kevin Keegan's appointment at Newcastle:

"Being a Geordie....."

That's enough Steve, thanks.

:lol:

I'll also say that Keegan suffered from the rule change re: the Champions League. His Newcastle team would have given some of the best teams in Europe a bloody good game if given the opportunity.

We were mullered by Monaco in the UEFA Cup. Doesnt disprove what youve just said, because iirc we had no strikers fit for the game and Lee/Beardo had to play up front whilst this was at a time when Gillespie was still out and hence the team was struggling due to an imbalance and a lack of depth. Im only mentioning it because its an example of how average our backline was, which is supposedly a myth.

Keegan had gone by the time we played them.