Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

The majority of people on here are not overjoyed  -  I know there are season ticket holders on here but I bet that figure will be different among those there on Saturday.

The great feeling still hasn't gone away!  We finally have a manager that we can believe in again.  Even if things are going wrong, you can have faith that it'll all turn around, because Kevin Keegan is the manager.  Sir Bobby was the last one to give me this feeling.

All apathy should be gone for everyone now.  Now, we feel the highs and lows of every goal, every refereeing decision, even every throw in for God's sake... again! 

He was fine until he lost the plot and scrapped the youth team/reserves. Wouldnt suprise me to see him try and get Asa Hartford in, he was fantastic at City.

Will just have to wait and see who he brings in around him, certainly looks like he needs someone at his side that has been keeping up the game over the past few years..

KK: Ginola?

Assistant: Retired

KK: Zola?

Assistant: Retired

KK:Asprilla?

Assistant: Crazy

KK: Anelka?

Assistant: Just missed him

KK: Sheringham?

Assistant: Past it.

KK: Beardsley!

Beardo: Mphver hrr Gffr

KK: What?

Assistant: He says he's over there boss.

KK: Diego?

Assistant: Diego?

KK: Thats what I said

Assistant: Really? Playing for Weder Bremen, shall we give them a call gaffer?

KK: HA! now I know your having me on, he retired years ago, plus I dont want any ball punching cheaters around here.

Nice story needs more dragons imo

Its going to be a like a roller coaster with no breaks, just jump on and enjoy the ride.

Seriously tho, he just has to try and move us away form the bottom teams, try and play a bit of footy in the meantime.  Bring in some decent footballers.  Make us more attractive ready for a manager who has similar beliefs of football as him and NUFC fans but who can then really finish the job.

KK Job Done.

The great feeling still hasn't gone away!  We finally have a manager that we can believe in again.  Even if things are going wrong, you can have faith that it'll all turn around, because Kevin Keegan is the manager.  Sir Bobby was the last one to give me this feeling.

All apathy should be gone for everyone now.  Now, we feel the highs and lows of every goal, every refereeing decision, even every throw in for God's sake... again! 

Exactly, at least we won't be shrugging our shoulders anymore, apathy was in real danger of setting in with a succession of underwhelming appointments. Redknapp or Hughes would have just been a continuation of that.

One thing clear with the return of Keegan last night was that it brought a sort of momentum to the crowd of which I had forgotten it had existed.

The momentum passed on to the players as well.

Do you think that players only pick up the momentum when they are on the ball? I don't. The players are going to feel the level of encouragement from the crowd regardless of whether or not they are on the ball.

We can learn from this. Lets stop becoming apathetic when the likes of Smith or Rozehnal touch the ball, because ten seconds later, N'Zogbia might be on the ball, and by keeping the momentum going, we can egg all our exciting players on so that they are flying before they have even made their first touch.

I get a similar feeling to NorthernGimp.

KK is someone who knows the club, supporters and knows what it's all about.  He has the respect and the passion.  It's going to be a ride - and to be honest, I don't know whether we'll win anything - but it'll be a hellova ride! I'm looking forward to it.

At the same time, I have a feeling KK will be here on a short -term basis. My view (hope) is, he'll get the mood round the club around and help it finds it feet whilst Ashley and Mort try and convince Mourin -oops -  I mean a 'world class manager' to take the reins in the near future to take us to the next level. 

Keegan speaks:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1217510,00.html

King Kev:  I Want To Fulfil Geordie Dreams

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan says that he wants to help the Toon Army to fulfil their dreams as he prepares to embark on a sensational third spell with Newcastle United.

The 56-year-old sparked scenes of mass celebration on Tyneside on Wednesday afternoon when it was announced that he would return to the club as manager.

Keegan watched from the stands later that night as the Magpies swept aside Championship side Stoke City with an emphatic 4-1 victory to ensure safe passage to the Fourth Round of the FA Cup.

Afterwards, the Geordie messiah spoke of his excitement at the prospect of a third return to Gallowgate.

"I am just as excited this time as I was when I came to play here at 31 and when I came as a manager at 43 or 44," he said.

"I think this is right, I have certainly inherited a strong, talented group of players - which is something I didn't have when I came last time.

"When I came last time we were wondering whether we could fill the stadium. That is not a problem.

"They will be trying to get a stadium big enough if we can put some football on and get some success here.

"I know what the fans want and I know what they don't want as well.

"As long as they are realistic and patient I think we can try again to help them have dreams and possibly win something.

"The job in hand is a big job, it is a great club."

Newcastle World TV has video highlights of Wednesday's emphatic 4-1 victory over Stoke as well as interviews with Charles N'Zogbia, Steven Taylor, James Milner and Nigel Pearson as they reflect on the game and the arrival of Kevin Keegan as the new United boss ... There has never been a better time to sign-up to World with King Kev once again set to don his Toon crown ... Click below to join today for just £17.99 all season long ...

Don't know what peoples problem are with him?

I think most of you are just trying to cover your backs so you can be proved right if it goes pearshaped!

He's given us the sort of injection no other manager in the World could have at this time, so just be happy he's the man in charge.

He's got a squad that is far greater than when he first came here as manager, but with a few signings this transfer window I think he can take us places.

I just want us to stuff Man Utd again as they are a bunch of glory hunting wankers!  Lets see when fergie retires and somone comes in to fuck it up how many of them stick around?

Lets get all behind him and make St Jame's a place to be feared again!

One thing clear with the return of Keegan last night was that it brought a sort of momentum to the crowd of which I had forgotten it had existed.

Do you think that players only pick up the momentum when they are on the ball? I don't. The players are going to feel the level of encouragement from the crowd regardless of whether or not they are on the ball.

We can learn from this. Lets stop becoming apathetic when the likes of Smith or Rozehnal touch the ball, because ten seconds later, N'Zogbia might be on the ball, and by keeping the momentum going, we can egg all our exciting players on so that they are flying before they have even made their first touch.

Good post, booing never helps anyone even if Smith gets booed it effects the whole team. Last night was quite amazing and i can see SJP being a fortress again simply because the atmosphere will be great and very indimidating to opposing teams. I think it was clear against Arsenal how much the fans can help, we went 1-0 down after 4 mins yet the level of noise went up and the players responded.

I dont understand some people who are making out KK is a poor appointment and a huge gamble but then want someone like Deschamps. KK was a good manager for us , Fulham and Mancity. KK is an amazing motivator which getting the players up for the game and giving their all is half of the task, we will win some games alone by KK ability to get the players motivated.

God, I hope I'm wrong, but the old saying "Never go back" I think will be thrown at us before long.

I'd just be happy to survive this year, and build for next.

And thats NOT a cert we will survive, either.

At least we can face the makems without being sick with worry now.

Problem is - the same p*ss-poor players though.

I'm wasn't overjoyed by the fact that we've hired Keegan The Manager. My first reaction was "backwards", even though he's a much better manager than Roeder and Allardyce.

However, I am overjoyed anyway, because with Keegan The Manager, the crowd will always be behind the team 100% and we should be able to gain momentum out of it. Let's hope we'll have a good and long honey-moon period now too!

Guest bertiemasson

Don't know what peoples problem are with him?

I think most of you are just trying to cover your backs so you can be proved right if it goes pearshaped!

He's given us the sort of injection no other manager in the World could have at this time, so just be happy he's the man in charge.

He's got a squad that is far greater than when he first came here as manager, but with a few signings this transfer window I think he can take us places.

I just want us to stuff Man Utd again as they are a bunch of glory hunting wankers!  Lets see when fergie retires and somone comes in to f*** it up how many of them stick around?

Lets get all behind him and make St Jame's a place to be feared again!

AGREE COMPLETELY

Good post, booing never helps anyone even if Smith gets booed it effects the whole team. Last night was quite amazing and i can see SJP being a fortress again simply because the atmosphere will be great and very indimidating to opposing teams. I think it was clear against Arsenal how much the fans can help, we went 1-0 down after 4 mins yet the level of noise went up and the players responded.

I dont understand some people who are making out KK is a poor appointment and a huge gamble but then want someone like Deschamps. KK was a good manager for us , Fulham and Mancity. KK is an amazing motivator which getting the players up for the game and giving their all is half of the task, we will win some games alone by KK ability to get the players motivated.

How many games will we lose, though, because KK is not so good at the OTHER HALF of the task?

Guest bertiemasson

Heres KKs Managerial Record....complete

PLAYED WON DREW LOST

mufc 176 77 60 39

fulham 61 38 11 12

nufc 251 138 62 51

488 253 133 102

total 51.84% 27.25% 20.90%

mufc 43.75% 34.09% 22.16%

fulham 62.30% 18.03% 19.67%

nufc 54.98% 24.70% 20.32%

He was more succesfull at Fulham then United - but they didnt have as much fun as we did!!!!

In fairness, he DID crack here and at Citeh, and never really completed his jobs.

His stats, which is all you can ultimately judge someone on, i guess, are better for us than for Citeh.

I - like all fans i reckon - will be fully behind him, despite having some reservations about the value of his appointment in the medium/long term. But if it goes tits up, i hope that as NUFC fans we are honest enough to admit it, and not pretend it was everyones fault but his, and that he is somehow perfect. Honesty is a trait we shoudl be proud of as Geordies, instaed of fueling the stereotype of blinkered Toon fans.

God, I hope I'm wrong, but the old saying "Never go back" I think will be thrown at us before long.

I have to say, I think we have a better squad and team than we think we have.

And I honestly don't think the defence needs much doing with it.

The problem under Sam was that everyone was played in their wrong position, and that the type of football was allowing teams to force their way onto our defence with ease (because of the lack of cover from wing positions). When a defence is constantly under some kind of pressure, it's always likely that they'll look worse than they are.

And then theirs the morale factor.

If Kev buys one midfielder this window with a bit of pace and flair, I'd be over the moon.

True

Beye is great as is Faye

Taylor is the type of guy that will flourish under Keegan as he resonds to passion and Jose and Cacapa can only improve as time goes on.

As for Rozza I think he could be used as a defensive midfielder i.e like Hamann is for man city

He can pass the ball better than being a centre half and would be better at the role than Butt is at the moment.

I have to say, I think we have a better squad and team than we think we have.

And I honestly don't think the defence needs much doing with it.

The problem under Sam was that everyone was played in their wrong position, and that the type of football was allowing teams to force their way onto our defence with ease (because of the lack of cover from wing positions). When a defence is constantly under some kind of pressure, it's always likely that they'll look worse than they are.

And then theirs the morale factor.

If Kev buys one midfielder this window with a bit of pace and flair, I'd be over the moon.

True

Beye is great as is Faye

Taylor is the type of guy that will flourish under Keegan as he resonds to passion and Jose and Cacapa can only improve as time goes on.

As for Rozza I think he could be used as a defensive midfielder i.e like Hamann is for man city

He can pass the ball better than being a centre half and would be better at the role than Butt is at the moment.

I think saying players are "great" already is another example of us building players up just cos they play for us. Beye has looked good, yes, and Faye has been variable, but from what we've seen CAN be a good player for us.

Mind, Cacapa getting better with time might be a stretch, although hopefully Enrique can prove himself now.

I don't think there should be a place for Rozenhal, its not as if he's proven himself worthy of finding a place for him somewhere.

Ironic that the manager that we approached first is someone who is doing rather well having 'gone back' and people are thinking that it always ends in failure.

Ironic that the manager that we approached first is someone who is doing rather well having 'gone back' and people are thinking that it always ends in failure.

Good point.

A message to all fans of the toon watch his playing days with us dvds and as a manager (the official club history dvd ) and it had me in tears of joy and sadness (im 44) and it shows what he can bring to our club just enjoy the rollercoaster and see where it takes us .