Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Managed in the premiership, has 2nd place finishes as well as a number of top 6 finishes, managed at international level, how anyone can be disappointed its unreal

Managed in the premiership, has 2nd place finishes as well as a number of top 6 finishes, managed at international level, how anyone can be disappointed its unreal

Erm, he wasn't exactly a rousing success anywhere, was he. There were better options out there, is the point.

Since when did what managers did elsewere work out for us?

Erm, he wasn't exactly a rousing success anywhere, was he. There were better options out there, is the point.

Of course there are better options, but Ashley has decided to live the dream and if this means the release of gargantuan amounts of funds....Let's take that ride.

We aren't £100 million off top 6, that would get you 5 very good players and we're not that far behind.  5 very good players would potentially make us a very good side.  I think we've got a good enough defence and if we provide the service to the forwards we'll get goals.  What we need is creativity in midfield, we're probably short of two midfiedlders.

Of course there are better options, but Ashley has decided to live the dream and if this means the release of gargantuan amounts of funds....Let's take that ride....

...on the love rollercoaster.

Of course there are better options, but Ashley has decided to live the dream and if this means the release of gargantuan amounts of funds....Let's take that ride....

...on the love rollercoaster....

...baby!  bluerazz.gif

Guest Ridzuan

For me,I think I am just satisfied,not totally overjoyed.Its a risky appointment.Yes he has done it a few years ago,and he might or might not do it again this time round.But I was hoping that we would go for a more 'experienced' and a manager with a better CVs,but if its entertaining football you want,Keegan I think can do the job with his influence at the club being huge,unlike what he has done with Manchester City.Whatever it is,the appoitnment has been made,he will get my support and lets hope he will buy some players during this transfer window because our squad is depleted.

iam onboard to, gonna be a long wait until it begins on sat!

Guest LucaAltieri

http://www.zonamedia.ro/thumbs/3cb5e2aa7e30.jpg

I'm puzzled by the way some people go on about him. Fair enough, I can understand folk having reservations (I'd have said "no chance" a year ago) but "average manager"? "Step backwards"? He's not Glenn Roeder ffs. How many other managers can claim to have lead one of the world's most competitive leagues for 35 games right from day one? He didn't win it, but for one or two tiny bits of luck in certain games he would have.

You'd think he was Steve McClaren the way some of you wail. I love the "he was shit with England" comparisons too - probably from the same people bumming Sven without a hint of irony.

. I love the "he was s*** with England" comparisons too - probably from the same people bumming Sven without a hint of irony.

He had a lot of average players at the time, too. Don't give a monkies that he failed with England, tbh.

I think it's an OK choice, but everytime I see him he looks totally overwhelmed.  I'm worried that there's no plan in place, that he really has no idea where to start.  Makes the transfer window all the more worrisome. 

I think it's an OK choice, but everytime I see him he looks totally overwhelmed.  I'm worried that there's no plan in place, that he really has no idea where to start.  Makes the transfer window all the more worrisome. 

All this 'planning lark' is overrated. We are now beyong that.....magic awaits. bluerazz.gif

I'm puzzled by the way some people go on about him. Fair enough, I can understand folk having reservations (I'd have said "no chance" a year ago) but "average manager"? "Step backwards"? He's not Glenn Roeder ffs. How many other managers can claim to have lead one of the world's most competitive leagues for 35 games right from day one? He didn't win it, but for one or two tiny bits of luck in certain games he would have.

You'd think he was Steve McClaren the way some of you wail. I love the "he was shit with England" comparisons too - probably from the same people bumming Sven without a hint of irony.

Sven did a lot better than Keegan for England tbf.

All this 'planning lark' is overrated. We are now beyong that.....magic awaits. bluerazz.gif

Parky assists Keegan with his team selection for Saturday

http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/crowley.jpg

Wullie, honestly man, the world has changed and so has football since then. The Prem was not even near the best league in the world in 96. Its only recently that we've been able to claim that.

For the record, i'll support Kev to the hilt but i am worried about this.

Parky assists Keegan with his team selection for Saturday

http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/crowley.jpg

Crowley on the wing? Nice.  :razz:

Wullie, honestly man, the world has changed and so has football since then. The Prem was not even near the best league in the world in 96. Its only recently that we've been able to claim that.

For the record, i'll support Kev to the hilt but i am worried about this.

Don't be Cheznois...It is written.