Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

don't want to lower the optimism, but I never wanted the guy.

I see the idea in the short-term, increase revenue, boost the fans etc etc etc

Sceptical about how long he's been out of football and his tendency to walk when the going gets a little bit tough.

All the managers listed and we go back with Keegan.  Shrewd move by Ashley.  He gave the fans (well in my opinion, the mongs) what they wanted, and its sure to increase ticket/season ticket sales.  However I wanted a real tactican, and someone who knew the game the world over and had plenty of contacts.

However the real piss-boiler in all of this is that Terry McDermott is sure to keep a job.  That is f****** tragic.

I'll get my coat 'cos I know that's going to have gone down like a lead balloon....

Think it's fair imo.

Fed up with people calling the fans 'mongs' like.

You and elbee a cut above like?

I think it's fair to say there's a hardcore mongy section who manage to appear on Sky at every given soundbite opportunity.  Am I a cut above them?  Yes.

*Not all the fans who've got what they wanted are mongs* - but there are a fair few that are and they tend to make a lot of bloody noise.  Just to repeat that, just because you're happy with Keegan, doesn't make you a mong.  I don't think anyone said that.

Fair do's.

don't want to lower the optimism, but I never wanted the guy.

I see the idea in the short-term, increase revenue, boost the fans etc etc etc

Sceptical about how long he's been out of football and his tendency to walk when the going gets a little bit tough.

All the managers listed and we go back with Keegan.  Shrewd move by Ashley.  He gave the fans (well in my opinion, the mongs) what they wanted, and its sure to increase ticket/season ticket sales.  However I wanted a real tactican, and someone who knew the game the world over and had plenty of contacts.

However the real piss-boiler in all of this is that Terry McDermott is sure to keep a job.  That is f****** tragic.

I'll get my coat 'cos I know that's going to have gone down like a lead balloon....

Think it's fair imo.

Fed up with people calling the fans 'mongs' like.

You and elbee a cut above like?

I think it's fair to say there's a hardcore mongy section who manage to appear on Sky at every given soundbite opportunity.  Am I a cut above them?  Yes.

*Not all the fans who've got what they wanted are mongs* - but there are a fair few that are and they tend to make a lot of bloody noise.  Just to repeat that, just because you're happy with Keegan, doesn't make you a mong.  I don't think anyone said that.

Didn't mean to call everyone a mong, but as elbee says, those on SSN are the ones that all of us are perceived to be.

I just honestly can't see out of all the names mentioned, that in any way, Keegan was the best choice.

If i'm honest, I'm somewhere between satisfied and gutted. With a touch of overjoyed....

I'm excited, but I have a genuine feeling of dread. I wanted to so much out of Fat Mikey's first appointment, and instead we got a backward step/emotional appointment. Letsnot pretend the REAL big clubs have been knocking his door down, and lets not pretend he is a brilliant manager overall.

I fully expect to be swept up on the wave of passion, and in my heart i can't wait to sing his name, but I also expect that we will be sitting here pretending that we're a big club in 3 years time when we are still mid table, and pretending that this time next year, we'll be millionaires - i mean challenging for the top 4.

Ooh, it's so confusing. :(

If i'm honest, I'm somewhere between satisfied and gutted. With a touch of overjoyed....

I'm excited, but I have a genuine feeling of dread. I wanted to so much out of Fat Mikey's first appointment, and instead we got a backward step/emotional appointment. Letsnot pretend the REAL big clubs have been knocking his door down, and lets not pretend he is a brilliant manager overall.

I fully expect to be swept up on the wave of passion, and in my heart i can't wait to sing his name, but I also expect that we will be sitting here pretending that we're a big club in 3 years time when we are still mid table, and pretending that this time next year, we'll be millionaires - i mean challenging for the top 4.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. Was shocked and disappointed at first, but that feeling has faded somewhat. Still worried though.

And no, I don't do tongues.

Holy S***

I woke up to look at the Stoke result on the Official site, I look down and bloody heck, its KK's photo, I had to refresh the page before I dared to click the link.

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing, but can't help but be pleased...

not read it all, but i'll throw my view in. im not 100% happy but, it's done now. im gonna sit back and dream of the old days and pray we see some football like them days, and we will.

another thing im looking forward to is that king kev likes to spend alot of £, ashley has alot of £. can guarantee some quality big name signings coming this way.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. Was shocked and disappointed at first, but that feeling has faded somewhat. Still worried though.

And no, I don't do tongues.

Forme, its important that we don't get carried away and start predicting top 4 next week, etc. We're better than that, we're NUFC fans. Lets bring realism back, and support our club, but not blindly - going on lke everything is perfect etc doesn't make us better fans.

PS - you will, they always do in the end......

Its definately a gamble, but if weve got 60million to spend, Keegan only has to spend it half as well as hes done in the past, play a basic formation with the players looking to win (which hes always done), and we could easily shoot back up to challenging for a top 6 spot.

The previous managers have made an utter mess of things by being cowardly in the transfer market, freezing or falling out with important players, playing players out of position, or using shit tactics that made the players look clueless. A simple job has now been compeltely exaggerated into an "impossible" job because of the incompetence of the last 3 managers - its really shouldnt have been as hard as it was, but these managers choose a path and stuck by it refusing to acknowledge their faults or changing things back to the basics, even though everyone else could see just how bad things were.

No matter what Keegan's weaknesses are, hes not going to do any of those. He gets on with players, his teams play a formation that everyone knows, he sets his teams out to win, and he isnt afriad to bring in unproven but talented flair/attacking players if he can. Thats all we need right now to jump back up to being top 6, and its something that Keegan practically guarantees, more so than Houllier, Shearer, Deschamps, Ranieri, etc.

Its definately a gamble, but if weve got 60million to spend, Keegan only has to spend it half as well as hes done in the past, play a basic formation with the players looking to win (which hes always done), and we could easily shoot back up to challenging for a top 6 spot.

The previous managers have made an utter mess of things by being cowardly in the transfer market, freezing or falling out with important players, playing players out of position, or using shit tactics that made the players look clueless. A simple job has now been compeltely exaggerated into an "impossible" job because of the incompetence of the last 3 managers - its really shouldnt have been as hard as it was, but these managers choose a path and stuck by it refusing to acknowledge their faults or changing things back to the basics, even though everyone else could see just how bad things were.

No matter what Keegan's weaknesses are, hes not going to do any of those. He gets on with players, his teams play a formation that everyone knows, he sets his teams out to win, and he isnt afriad to bring in unproven but talented flair/attacking players if he can. Thats all we need right now to jump back up to being top 6, and its something that Keegan practically guarantees, more so than Houllier, Shearer, Deschamps, Ranieri, etc.

Not sure about your last point, you're dismissing some good coaches there, ones who've achieved more than KK.

But a lot of what you say is right. Problem is twofold for me: 1) is he up to it, football HAS changed, no matter what people say when they try to pretend we're still where we were, and he had to walk last time.....and 2) a lot of other teams in the EPL have good managers and investment, and we have a lot of deadweight (again), despite tonights result.

Honestly, hand on heart, where do we all think we'll be at the end of next season, under KK?

For now I think I'd be satisfied as long as we're still in the premiership.

Hopefully top half by the end of next season.

Can we all not stop playing Championship Manager and just enjoy the rollercoaster?

Well said.  This club has been on its arse for a while.  Lets not ruin it with KK by expecting the earth.  Just enjoy the upturn in performances and the buzz of watching the matches again.  One step at a time, we are miles of the pace at the moment.