Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

A few days ago he was a bloke being harassed in the street by a camera crew, now he's the manager of Newcastle United.

I'd love to know what Ashley said to him to get that spark back.

"Here Kev, have £20M over 3.5 years and Parky has said we need a £100M transfer budget, so there you go. Do it again." Or words to that effect.

A few days ago he was a bloke being harassed in the street by a camera crew, now he's the manager of Newcastle United.

"Ok Kevin I understand your reluctance.  Oh what's this I have in my briefcase here?  Why it's a cheque for 5 million pounds .  I'm just going to set it on the table here and turn around.  Now if something were to happen to it, I probably wouldn't ask any questions. Here I am ... turning ... turning ... and back."

By his own admission, the guy hasn't watched a single game of football since he left Man City.

Source?

It's in his interview bout 2 or 3 months ago with that lass

Sorry, here is the real downer for you all

You are dreaming. This is not James speaking to you, this is your Mum/Wife/Dog speaking to you trying to wake you up.

If you dont believe me, give yourself a really hard pinch.

"Here Kev, have £20M over 3.5 years and Parky has said we need a £100M transfer budget, so there you go. Do it again." Or words to that effect.

£100 million for top 6 I thought?

How much for top 4?

By his own admission, the guy hasn't watched a single game of football since he left Man City.

Source?

He hadn't been to a stadium, didn't say he hadn't watched any football on the tely..

Source?

He hadn't been to a stadium, didn't say he hadn't watched any football on the tely..

Hope thats the case. If he's out of the loop as much as I fear, my enthusiasm would be severely dented.

How much for top 4?

Another £100M

How much for top 4?

Erm............. One hundred BILLION dollars!

http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Guest elbee909

:(

Er...

Good luck to him, I'll get behind him. But this kinda backwards attitude isn't good for the club.

How dare you not agree with the charvas?

Source?

Hope thats the case. If he's out of the loop as much as I fear, my enthusiasm would be severely dented.

Check for yourself. Search for Inside Sports Interview Keegan in that famous video site.. Good interview!

"I know people...."

Joke disclaimer.

:(

Er...

Good luck to him, I'll get behind him. But this kinda backwards attitude isn't good for the club.

How dare you not agree with the charvas?

You post a lot of sense mate. Keep it up.

I hope he is a success, I just don't like the reasoning behind this. A chance for a change goes begging, with so many good names in the ring we get nostalgia.

I just don't want to have to say I told you so if it all goes tits up.

Guest elbee909

Gabby Logan: What will drag you back into the game?

Kevin Keegan: NOTHING.

http://mac.honan.net/uploaded_images/orly-750116.jpg

Gabby's had one facelift too many.

Stunned and disappointed. Ashley has clearly let the heart rule the head, despite all this talk about taking it all very carefully.

By his own admission, the guy hasn't watched a single game of football live since he left Man City.

FYP - that is the exact quote for Kevin Keegan, according to the replay of Keegan's statement on 5 live half an hour ago.