Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest elbee909

It is now absolutely essential that they bring back the grandad collars.

:lol:

Good call.

Thirded. If we have as much influence as the papers think, we'll get those collars back man.

I do agree with this.  And they can charge season ticket prices as per 1995 as well.

Reaction from sunny Manchester to KK's return. In its entirety. I just post it here to save our servers bandwidth. Mega long post!  :kasper:

Wehey' date=' King Kev is back in football!!  :o)[/quote'](No, not that King Kev, its just a username...

Nice to see him back!

The game has changed alot since his brand of football equated to success. I can't see it lasting too long.

Keeping the seat warm for Shearer??

well what can i say??

looks like hes gonna spend quite a few bob at the barcodes, mind you saying that nothing new there and they are still shite!!

i must admit tho i do have a soft spot for king kev

Nice to see him back!

The game has changed alot since his brand of football equated to success. I can;t see it lasting too long.

Keeping the seat warm for Shearer??

yes it's nice to see him back  but like you say i don't think it will be for to long

Tears at bedtime!!

Sheer lunacy they can't defend even when they try to!  or attack for that matter' date=' it will end in tears[/quote']

Shame we've already beaten them twice.  I actually hope they now stay up just to see them at home next year' date=' presuming King Kev's still in charge of course![/quote']

Come on Kev!

Shame we've already beaten them twice.  I actually hope they now stay up just to see them at home next year' date=' presuming King Kev's still in charge of course![/quote']

6 months, I give  him, before they carry him out with his undies on his head and pencils in his ears

6 months, I give  him, before they carry him out with his undies on his head and pencils in his ears

That long, you have alot of faith!

Anyone know if Shearer is to be appointed as assistant or put on the coaching staff?

i love keegan, always have, great player, he was truly world class IMO, loved him at city and he was great for the geordies first time round, but i think he shouyld have left well alone.  Hes a legend there.  If he doesnt turn it around in 5 minutes he will go from hero to zero.  The game has changed in the prem since he last managed at the barcodes. 

I hope it works out for him but i wouldnt put my house on it.

Got to do a better job than Fat Sam

Shearer will be playing for them soon

... so will Bobby Moncur!!

Can see our game on the beeb being a sideshow tonight for the KK life story.

If ever there was a time to go to the game tonight's the night.

It's not just a manager problem they have but a player and fan problem, poor squad, deluded fans, I am sad that KK has taken this poison chalice on

(Spot the closet Newcastle fan?)

What's he gonna do with all of Fat Sams signings?  Do you reckon the board will give him the same money as Sam to turn the club around?  But i suppose that means B*rton will be in the team for good cos it was Keegan who first played him wasn't it at Spuds?

(No, that was his first goal tho...)

Newcastle United Football Circus
(Spot the closet Newcastle fan #2)

I wonder how his first meeting Joey Barton will go?

The great thing is the amount of City fans who are pleased that he has made a comeback.........Wor Kevin' date='great for Newcastle and great for English premiership football.[/quote']

i agree, it will turn him loopey, there were signs of his mental health going down abit as he left city, no proof, just a feeling i had.

He will demand loads of money, and when he doesnt get it, he will moan again.

i hope he signs up all the old croanies again from england of the past,

Is teddy sheringham still about, he could be the first signing, followed by martin Keown

Staggered.

Man who left City was a man who had fallen out of love with the game.

I don't know what has happened to light that fire again.

I can only imagine he has been promised megabucks.

(This may or may not be identical to what I posted here, if it is, I'm sure its just a coincidence...)

Wehey' date=' King Kev is back in football!!  :o)[/quote']

Yay. I no longer wish doom and unmitigated failure on Newcastle (I'm so glad we did the double first too).

Barton always seemed a little crazier standing beside King Kev but it may be too late to help him.

Whatever anyone else can say about Keegan he did a lot of great things (turned Dunnie around), furthermore, Newcastle and us were good to watch.

He's the anti-thesis of Fat Sam.

I can see Titus Bramble on his way back and Shay Given transferred!!
(Really don't think he's a fan...)

The great thing is the amount of City fans who are pleased that he has made a comeback.........Wor Kevin' date='great for Newcastle and great for English premiership football.[/quote']

+1 

It's great to have him back.  Questionable manager but Top bloke,  It will be entertaining to say the lease.

Newcastle are the Britney Spears of the footballing world.

(Ouch!)

he's had a long break, and he's spent his life i football, so he obviously still loves it. Im sure they will give him money to spend on his players, no doubt. There are still a few decent players there, if they can stay fit for him.

I hope it works out for him (without Barton) although i hope he doesn't do as well as us

Personally speaking' date=' it's great to see him back. Football needs characters like KK, just hope for him it doesn't go pear shaped.[/quote']

Actaully,  Now the whole footballing world knows Keegan is back and with a loaded chairman.  The value of every player looking for a move has just sky rocketed! 

With only a short amount of time left in the transfer window he is never gonna do a Sven and say 'If the quality isnt there I'll wait till the summer'

He's gonna sign players that make Macken look a snip at £5M.

Do you think he'll come and try for some of his old players...?

Well, I hear van Buyten is available.

To be fair hes got some very good strikers to work with if they end up staying fit!

Martins

Owen

Viduka

Duff

If anyone can get them scoring goals KK can.

Theyre not a patch on Boj or Bianchi though, obviously.

The poison chalice awaits super kev again!!

Good luck to him, i am so glad he is back in football, my little boy (Kiegan) is named after the great man and i hope he does well there, but not as well as us of course!!!!!!!

Hopefully a move for Danny Mills is the on the cards.

There aren't many players still left since Keegan was here, only Dunne, Mills, Sun and Onuoha.

To be fair hes got some very good strikers to work with if they end up staying fit!

Martins

Owen

Viduka

Duff

Alan Smith was forward back when Keegan was in his pomp. Why set your sights on the merely impossible when there are miracles out there just waiting to be done.

Martins

Owen

Viduka

Duff

Alan Smith was forward back when Keegan was in his pomp. Why set your sights on the merely impossible when there are miracles out there just waiting to be done.

We all know Smith is shite, which leads me to believe this was an attempt at sarcasm. As to then I ask why? The four players I listed are way above the quality of someone like Smith

Keegan back in football = big grin on my face.

Can't wait for him to do another infamous interview after a game - it will surly come sooner or later being back at Newcastle

I'm amazed.. Ashley must be stark raving bonkers to appoint KK after all this time.

Wish him all the luck in the world(apart from agains the blues oviously), he is really nice guy.

I'ts similar to when Walter Smith returned to Ibrox a year ago, when "your" club is in trouble and they turn to you, you go back...no question about it. Walter also bought our greatest ever goalscorer back as his assistant, wonder if King Kev will do the same.

Good luck KK

I hope he does well. I loved the first two years of Keegan.

It's all about getting momentum going at St James and he will do that in the short term I'm sure.

After that, who knows.

+1 

It's great to have him back.  Questionable manager but Top bloke,  It will be entertaining to say the lease.

Newcastle are the Britney Spears of the footballing world.

Couldn't have put it better myself. A good honest football bloke and the Prem will be better for him again. Can't see it lasting too long mind, but lets face it, Newcastle and Keegan are like any double act; strawberrys and cream, morecambe and wise, hinge and bracket; they just can't survive without each other!!!

What pisses me off is the way he constantly rabbited on about doing 5 years at City and then giving the game up thereby de-stabilizing everyone who knew he was on his way at a certain point - so much so we sack before that date. Then 3 years later he goes back on that and is back.. total hypocrite if you ask me!

It has to be with shearer as the assistant surely - butthats it - ive supported city now for nigh on 40 years - but now im going to become a barcode

Must say im happy - but WHAT A CRAP DECISION!

What pisses me off is the way he constantly rabbited on about doing 5 years at City and then giving the game up thereby de-stabilizing everyone who knew he was on his way at a certain point - so much so we sack before that date. Then 3 years later he goes back on that and is back.. total hypocrite if you ask me!

But this is classic Keegan all the way. He's physically not able to say no if someone comes to him and persists, especially Newcastle.

It actually wasn't his decision.

Thats Faz gone then what next french Tony' date=' Good luck kk[/quote'] (= Fazackerley and Sibierski)

Thats Faz gone then what next french Tony' date=' Good luck kk[/quote']

Last year that would be a cert but we are far more of a draw for Faz now. He runs the training with Hans. I think he might stay.

Sibi is going back for sure. He's scored, what 6 goals this season, KK's first signing for £15million I reckon :-)

At least KK could draw stars to our club - not like the swiss idiot we have now who brings in unknowns
(Sarcasm detector?)

At least KK could draw stars to our club - not like the swiss idiot we have now who brings in unknowns

I agree! - Didn't just watch them all on YouTube as well. Terrible!

:-)

(...Thats a Really useful invention.)

Top geezer

Being 22, the football we played under him was the best iv ever seen..

We were unbelivable at times...

Cheeky bid for dunne on cards? Van buyten maybe, how about Joey, keegan brought him through to first team didnt he? so he might be liked!!..

Dont think thiers anyone else left at our place other then Dunne who played for Keegan..

How about a cheeky bid from newcastle for SWP?

Top geezer

Being 22, the football we played under him was the best iv ever seen..

We were unbelivable at times...

Cheeky bid for dunne on cards? Van buyten maybe, how about Joey, keegan brought him through to first team didnt he? so he might be liked!!..

Dont think thiers anyone else left at our place other then Dunne who played for Keegan..

How about a cheeky bid from newcastle for SWP?

Was just thinking that myself, SWP never played better than he did under Keegan and it would be a bit of a marquee signing for him. Doubt he will come cheap though with it being January and him having just found a bit of form for Chelsea, but this is Keegan we are talking about so I wouldn't be surprised to see him spaff 100m by the end of Jan including a 30m combined bid for Macken & Sibi.

I can't see him lasting long. It's a bit like when Bet Lynch went back into Corrie and left with exhaustion a couple of weeks later.

Having him back in the Prem is great.Top bloke who gets his teams playing proper football.Non of fat sams/Pearces boring rubbish.

Quite how long he lasts is another thing but it can only brighten up the Prem!

Delighted.

Passion. Motivation. Man Management. Attacking football. Big money to spend, and hes someone who has proven himself good at spending it.

No doubt its a gamble, but hes not old in managerial terms. Hes only 56 - we got Sir Bobby when he was 66 iirc. Theres no reason why he should be finished. Our aim is to get back up to challenging for a top 6 spot, and hes someone who should certainly be able to do it.

If people are looking for more inspiration, there's a certain video website with a certain Keegan compilation made my a certain Johnny2j, which is only a few clicks away. I'm watching it now, it has given me a hard on.

No direct links tho, obviously! OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE BANNED! ...Imagine that, on this day of all days.

If people are looking for more inspiration, there's a certain video website with a certain Keegan compilation made my a certain Johnny2j, which is only a few clicks away. I'm watching it now, it has given me a hard on.

No direct links tho, obviously! OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE BANNED! ...Imagine that, on this day of all days.

You wouldn't? That's heinous!

Nazi fukers tbh.

I dont know how to feel, its just crazy  :frantic:  I hope he doesnt ruin his great reputation, and that he can finnish what he startet the last time, and lift a trophy here. Would love him to beat Man Utd at the finnish line  :smitten: :smitten:  But i cant see that happening...

Stunned and disappointed. Ashley has clearly let the heart rule the head, despite all this talk about taking it all very carefully.

By his own admission, the guy hasn't watched a single game of football since he left Man City.

Would be mental if when at the press conference keegan announces his assistant then shearer walks in.

:thup: that would be class

Halftime at the Stoke game, KK rides a helicopter into St. James Park.

He walks on to the pitch, fans start going mental, KK starts speaking and suddenly after a dramatic pause...

somebody shouts "Look! Up in the sky!"

A second helicopter is slowly making its way onto the pitch, and KK speaks into the mic "Let me take a moment to introduce my new backroom staff, starting with my assistant manager. You might have met him before..."

After that warning, if somebody did post a link of that nature then they'd have made a rod for their own back.

On said compilation, Steve Watson's goal against Liverpool stands out, it was fucking 1-v-5! Crazy bastard.

Would be mental if when at the press conference keegan announces his assistant then shearer walks in.

:thup: that would be class

Halftime at the Stoke game, KK rides a helicopter into St. James Park.

He walks on to the pitch, fans start going mental, KK starts speaking and suddenly after a dramatic pause...

somebody shouts "Look! Up in the sky!"

A second helicopter is slowly making its way onto the pitch, and KK speaks into the mic "Let me take a moment to introduce my new backroom staff, starting with my assistant manager. You might have met him before..."

Yes ladies and gentlemen - Terry! Mac! Dermmooooottttt!

A few days ago he was a bloke being harassed in the street by a camera crew, now he's the manager of Newcastle United.

I'd love to know what Ashley said to him to get that spark back.

Here's as much money as you need to get me the title.

A few days ago he was a bloke being harassed in the street by a camera crew, now he's the manager of Newcastle United.

I'd love to know what Ashley said to him to get that spark back.

Err...£100m? lol