Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Brilliant!! Bring in Shearer as ass.man !!! :celb:

...Then go on and sack all those wasteful coaches, and bring in qualified people..

... Run CCleaner on the entire squad, and we are good to go!

Guest Shear Magic

This is a bad appointment, both for the club and for King Kev. He risks his reputation big time... and the club have appointed a manager that is out of touch. They should have bitten Deschamps' hand off when he said he would be interested in the job. Gutted by this. We should stop looking back and look forward... mark my words, it will all end in tears...

come on lets be positive mate... who knows but give me just a bit of what we had last time

As our new manager, I'll support King Kev to the hilt, just think it may have turned out to have been the worst decision he could have ever made.

Expect heavy spending in the transfer market and to once again aim for the title because KK wouldn't have it any other way.

Suddenly my £100m spend thread becomes a reality.

KK is a special kind of person and I respect him for taking this challenge on now. I'm betting he will be mentally stronger this time round. This appointment is clearly a risk what with him being in the football wilderness. On the one hand I'm slighlty dissapointed for the lack of vision...On the other hand this IS A BIG BIG PLAY!

What Ashley is showing with this is that he isn't afraid of raising the stakes. This IS all in!

I'll only be happy with this decision once they show they have a transitional plan by giving Shearer the number two job.

Agreed. This has to happen, Shearer has to brought in as number2. Keegan is not the long term answer. I really want him to be the short term answer though. My head is saying this appointment is wrong bu my heart just keeps saying KEEGAN KEEGAN!

This is insane  :frantic:

Guest assyriantoon

I don't get this 'he risks his reputation' crap tbh. If Keegan fails he will STILL be an NUFC legend unless he gets us relegated or something along those lines. Howard Kendall is still an Everton legend.

Enormous risk for both club and fans. It's really great for morale now that King Kev's back, and I can imagine how the atmosphere is going to lift the team.

Possibly what we really needed right now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that things stay rosy. Cos if this all turns ugly, then the very last feel-good factor to fall back on as a Newcastle fan--and that's the good old 90s under Keegan--could easily be wiped out as well.

Meanwhile, though, I'd get a few drinks to celebrate the news. :)

Btw, will be field day for the press with headlines like "Return of the King", I guess.