Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Received texts from mackem, Spurs and Arsenal supporting mates. All read like this: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Thread on mancityfans.net concerning this topic contains zero lols and near universal happiness/support that KK is back in the game (altho some sceptism over whether or not this will be a success).

Really? How did you rate your time with KK?

Guest alijmitchell

Not sure whether to laugh or cry!!! One part of me says 'what a fucking disaster, we are the laughing stock of the nation, and keegan lost his bottle years ago' the other part is like 'who gives a fucking toss what anyone else thinks? This is our club, This is our man, King fucking Kev! Throw money at him and if were going to go down, lets do it our fucking way.'. All i've wanted in the past few weeks is a team i can believe in and have pride in. I think Keegan will bring that. Lets Just give him a fucking wedge and see what happens. Anyone down the pub tonight then?

Guest michaelfoster

ok so Keegans Backroom staff back in the day was

Authur Cox (must be pushing 70 now)

Terry MacDermott (hasnt had a shave since KK left?)

Derek Fazakerly (still at Man City?)

can you guys tell me what people reaction at SSN are?

Had a few people on the phone, Warren Barton, Jim Smith and atm Alan Kennedy . . . who are all pleased he's back.

Emails, they are reading out people saying its great . . . some saying its not good.

People were interviewed outside St James Park, all happy about it.

Guest Hoop Blah

I really don't think you've bought in the best manager you could've done BUT it could turn out to be a master stroke if only because of the positivity it will create.

A lot of football is all about being the right person in the right place at the right time.  Some players, some managers just don't work at some clubs....Keegan will have a better chance of starting some good things rolling for you, at least in the short term

I'm still amazed though

I'm baffled at how we end up making a mess of everything, ie getting new managers. All I can hope for is that he can get the team playing again, some decent entertaining matches to make up for the rather boring season we've had so far will ease my concerns slightly but I don't see how this is going to work in the long run.

Is he going to be in charge for tonight?

This could be absolutely fantastic or totally awful.

At least we'll play good football, he should get some money thrown at him from Ashley and there's no real reason why he can't do well. He's never really failed at any of the appointments he's had.

The concerns are that he's had time out of the game and never really thought about investing in the future (Reserves scrapped etc). Plus they do say "Never go back".

But just join me for a moment and think "What if he DOES win something? Just what if?". Imagine the party.

Can't wait for his first interview - I was upset when I heard that Back to the Future IV had been scrapped and Futurama was gone... but this makes everything alright.

In a way, isn't this a bit like Back to the Future IV?

And Futur-... no, you're right, just BTTF. :)

Wow. what can anyone say utterly insane. we have officially built a wall around newcastle. the world can laugh but we are having a fucking great party and the rest of the world aint invited. good god knows what hang over we are going to have over the coming weeks. not least when the club wakes up next to keegan.

You know what will be really shocking? McClaren...look on the bright side  :celb: Give the man 24 games before we judge him alright!

Received texts from mackem, Spurs and Arsenal supporting mates. All read like this: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Thread on mancityfans.net concerning this topic contains zero lols and near universal happiness/support that KK is back in the game (altho some sceptism over whether or not this will be a success).

Really? How did you rate your time with KK?

Great start (including best season ever in first division) but ultimately too much down the drain (Fees for the likes of Fowler, Macken, Sommeil, etc, as well as contracts for McManaman, Mills) while chasing the dream that led to financial difficulties and a putrid couple of years...nearly got relegated first season at CoMS and a year later with no money and SWP and Anelka gone things got shit pretty quickly. Could have gone better. Still, can't help but like the bloke.

I think his biggest legacy (apart from the debt...) was the defence he left behind - Dunne and Distin saved our arses majorly in the Pearce era. (The youth policy was a product of Joe Royle's time at the club)