Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest mugcheese

2 points. 1: McDermott is the luckiest man alive. 2: He's worked with Barton before, gave him his debut and kept him at Man City.

keegan took 8 years out playing golf in spain before he came to us. he left england to play in unfashionable hamburg, he took a year and half out to recharge his batteries before joining lowly, eccentric fulham. and most recently he's took almost 3 years out running a football coaching school/attraction. he's always been someone who goes away and does his own thing but comes back. his major strength was always man management but since the england debacle his love of the game waned and he couldn't transmit his fervour to the players. if he has the hunger back i think he can be a success, the press conference i feel will be telling.

This is great for the club, (hopefully). I have couple of doubts of who he can bring in to the club, but he did manage with Shearer, and at least we will be getting our offensive football back. I dont htink hes going to improve the team alot but we will be all out attack and when we win we win with big scores like 3-2, 4-3, 5-3. (hopefully once again)

Just a shame he's not on speaking terms with Shearer at the moment, so no chance of getting him back as a coach.

shearere said they haven't spoken for a long time.....he didn't say we're not speaking anymore!

I'm not basing it on that. I'm basing it on something else I've heard. They're certainly not on the best of terms.

Guest Mcdonald36

This is great for the club, (hopefully). I have couple of doubts of who he can bring in to the club, but he did manage with Shearer, and at least we will be getting our offensive football back. I dont htink hes going to improve the team alot but we will be all out attack and when we win we win with big scores like 3-2, 4-3, 5-3. (hopefully once again)

Give me strength.

I hope he brings in a good No.2 and gets rid of the crap...McDermott, Pearson, Smith etc

It a big challenge, after failing at Man City and England, I hope he can rise to it? :undecided:

Chris Coleman has just resigned at Real Sociedad and was KK's captain at Fulham.......

Nah, it's gotta to be Shearer as No 2

shearer and kk dont speak

Craic is, i din't want it, but i've been in the pub all day drinking a few pints, then i heard this news, i downed 3 double vodka red bulls then flew home to come round here to post this post.

Why? Fuk knows, im just a little bit swept up right now, i feel like i'm a teenager again, i reckon a huge surge for tickets tonight, am considering it myself.

I feel like i've just fell in love with the club again, but have no fuking reason why,.

keegan took 8 years out playing golf in spain before he came to us. he left england to play in unfashionable hamburg, he took a year and half out to recharge his batteries before joining lowly, eccentric fulham. and most recently he's took almost 3 years out running a football coaching school/attraction. he's always been someone who goes away and does his own thing but comes back. his major strength was always man management but since the england debacle his love of the game waned and he couldn't transmit his fervour to the players. if he has the hunger back i think he can be a success, the press conference i feel will be telling.

:thup:

The one thing that he's definitely got going for him is he knows how to spend money. Spent it at Fulham, spent it at Citeh and he spent it very well when he was with us. And if he's given the cash to spend money this time around, I'm pretty sure we'll be alright.

I'm fucking astonished. I had a feeling it was going to happen since his "interview" the other day but I'm still stunned by it.

Going to the match has been a chore for far too long now. This'll put the spark back into the crowd and hopefully the players and that's half the battle won. Sentimental, yes, but this is as excited as I've been for a long time. He's never failed in club football (failed at City, my arse! He did a brilliant job for them) and he knows good players.